How do you keep Jet Fins lasting so long?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RHungENT

Registered
Reaction score
I have heard so much about the SP Jet Fins that I just had to get a pair with SS spring straps. I have read several posts where people have had there Jet Fins since the 1980s. I notice that the rubber scuffs real easily...so my question is...is there any special care or products that you use to keep the Jet Fins looking and working like new.
:D
Richard

Hopefully they won't look like new for long. They work like new without any special care. Rinse them after use and let them air dry.

yeah... like Walter says, they're pretty much indestructible

just rinse them and go

RHungENT:
...is there any special care or products that you use to keep the Jet Fins looking and working like new.

I like the battle worn look but I know someone who uses Pledge furniture polish. Seems to work. I have no idea what the long term effect on the rubber would be though.

Just keep diving with them...............

RHungENT:
I have heard so much about the SP Jet Fins that I just had to get a pair with SS spring straps. I have read several posts where people have had there Jet Fins since the 1980s. I notice that the rubber scuffs real easily...so my question is...is there any special care or products that you use to keep the Jet Fins looking and working like new.
:D
Richard

==================================

Can't speak for Jets, per se, but I've got a couple pair of USD Rockets that are well over 25 years old and still looking almost like new. Have replaced the heel straps several times but the main thing I have done to extend their life is to always apply a liberal coat of silicon to them after each trip, following a good rinsing of course.

I spray on the silicon and then actually rub it into the rubber. I also store them away from light in a cool, dry room.

Just rinse and then stow them out of direct sunlight. UV radiation will kill your jets faster than anything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom