Picture orgy - diving in Norway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm too cheap to buy a dry suit, especially when I can dive in warm water.

Oh yes, I am chicken and I hate the cold. :D

We've just returned from another great week at Hitra. My friend Renato made some video takes from a couple of the dive sites. Here's 8 minutes from one of the greater dives that I've edited together, all from ONE dive:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uB-bLWZEsHo

(It's Youtube, loads quickly...)

wow, those pictures are really nice.
6-13 degrees is not too cold - that is what we dive in here in the Northwest USA, in our 2x 7mm suits. It was 6*C a week ago and i've done several 1hr dives up to about 25meters depth in that water. anyways, i would like to get up there and do some dives, as long as the viz is good!

>JM<

KOMPRESSOR:
We've just returned from another great week at Hitra. My friend Renato made some video takes from a couple of the dive sites. Here's 8 minutes from one of the greater dives that I've edited together, all from ONE dive:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uB-bLWZEsHo

(It's Youtube, loads quickly...)

that's a fantastic video. i'd LOVE to do that dive you did!

>JM<

toonchoon:
wow, those pictures are really nice.
6-13 degrees is not too cold - that is what we dive in here in the Northwest USA, in our 2x 7mm suits. It was 6*C a week ago and i've done several 1hr dives up to about 25meters depth in that water. anyways, i would like to get up there and do some dives, as long as the viz is good!

>JM<

I wouldn't even consider diving in a wet suit at that temperature though. The experience is so much better when you're dry'n warm! Not to mention getting out of the water when the air temps are the same, or lower... -And getting in for your second or third dive that day! :D

Anyways, I used to live in Seattle, and although I didn't get to dive there I know it's a great area for my kind of diving. I'll be back! :14:

KOMPRESSOR:
I wouldn't even consider diving in a wet suit at that temperature though. The experience is so much better when you're dry'n warm! Not to mention getting out of the water when the air temps are the same, or lower... -And getting in for your second or third dive that day! :D

Anyways, I used to live in Seattle, and although I didn't get to dive there I know it's a great area for my kind of diving. I'll be back! :14:

haha - so you know exactly what i'm talking about. i don't do multiple dives due to the obvious. i'm sure the experience is awesome in a dry-suit. i will actually get a dry-suit soon here since I work PT in a dive shop, and get gear for cheap.

i love the 2nd vid as well. thanks for posting that one, i've "favorite'd" them on my youtube and will share them with my buddies. i'm sure they'll enjoy as well!

>JM<

"For all of you who ever imagined Norway beeing a cold, dark and scary place for diving, here are my friend Christian Skauge's contributions to change that view!"

Im glad youre having a great time, but even as a Norwegian myself, I think the water is simply just to cold to dive in in Norway. I am and always will be a chicken-tropical-diver. Sorry, but your pics didnt change my mind, nor did the info about the waterf holding 6-13 degrees....

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom