St Lucia, Dominica, Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I've never dived there, though I think three people have told me it isn't the best so thats what I based it on. Anyway would you recommend a short vacation there. Because the flight over is like 30 mins. It would be nice to get out of the island and go dive another.

What do you think/recommend?

Always good to see other countries, not a good time right now with the cricket, bit expensive.
I'm based on the west coast of the island. there is diving south and west, both coasts are very different as I'm sure St Lucia has different diving areas.

Barbados is all coral all the other islands are volcanic each has something to offer, from what I hear viz is similar in the eastern caribbean, I get this from cruise passengers who visit islands before here.
Barbados has lots of sites and wrecks at various depths and variety to suit all tastes and experience levels.
All the Caribbean islands have something to offer, I think Barbados has more than most, underwater and topside, then again I live here and maybe a bit biased :)

There is an old saying "one mans meat is another mans poison" if you don't have personal experience I think it's best not to advise based on hearsay someone will take it as gospel and really doesn't help.
Maybe see in Bim one of these days.
Regards,
Sculpin.

Jaybombs,

Going to St.Lucia in first part of May. Staying at the Windjammer. Recommendations for DO? Will probably dive two seperate days. Three couples. Two are experienced and have own equipment. Other couple(wife and I) are new to diving and will be renting. Will be first dive trip.

Windjammer. Look no further than the shore of your beach. Eastern Caribbean Diving is located at Windjammer. two tank in the morning and you can book night and afternoon dives if you want. In my opinion one of the best op's on the island. It's located in the hotel. you can leave your gear with them. They take care of everything. I know for sure everything is in great condition with them because I had an intern ship with them not too long ago.

Hi Cecil,
First I must say I'm a dive operator on Barbados so maybe seen as biased!
Colony club is about two minutes from my shop.
The operator at colony club is HighTide watersports, they have a large pontoon I have a 30 foot Pirogue and take a max of six divers per trip.
Depends on what you like!
Sculpin.

we went with dive fair helen in St.Lucia. There were the best dive op I have used in a long time and will go out of their way for you. Any questions just PM me.

Sculpin you win, smaller is better, biased or otherwise. Send me a message or e-mail me at berry@hittite.com. I have no idea what my schedule is at this point it depends very much on the boss lady's want/desires.

I was in Dominica in summer of 2005, not many turtles. Beach dive was not all that great. A few lizardfish and squids, that was cool at night. We stayed at Castle, the dive crew were super.

Rowland:
Jaybombs,

Going to St.Lucia in first part of May. Staying at the Windjammer. Recommendations for DO? Will probably dive two seperate days. Three couples. Two are experienced and have own equipment. Other couple(wife and I) are new to diving and will be renting. Will be first dive trip.

OOOh, I am jealous. We stayed at the Windjammer Landing in February last year and did our open water referral with Eastern Caribbean. Just walk down to the beach and hang a left, 5 minute walk to Eastern Caribbean. We had a fantastic time. Can't rave enough about the resort, and the folks at the dive shop were wonderfull.

Hi Stephhhhhhhh
If you want to see turtles and frogfish then go to Barbados. Check out Hightide www.divehightide.com they are the only diveshop that works with the Barbados Sea Turtle Project and they go out turtle tagging 3 times a week, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and if you spot an untagged turtle, youget to name it. Frogfish can be found at the Cement Plant dive site, max depth 20ft, bottom time 1 hr !!!!! If you can make your air last that long.
Happy diving
Mooring Inspector

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom