Barbados diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ramez18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My girlfriend and I are going to Barbados in June. I've looked into dive operators in Barbodos and there are plenty. Can anyone recommend a reputable dive operator? Anything dive sites in particular that we should try to see? Thanks.

Ramez......do a search for my 2005 and 2006 Barbados trip reports....lots of stuff there.

There are several dive ops. My favorite is Dive Barbados LTD run by John and Mary Moore. Very small operation, very small boat....nothing fancy....but a great guy that takes you out on great dives.

One dive ops I am not wild about....High Tide. The ONLY reason I dive them is because they are the only game in town that takes out the local university students to capture and tag sea turtles. They take a pontoon boat out and there is plenty of room for divers and all. It is interesting but other than that I do not like their practices at all.

There is a place called One on One. And, they dive that way. I hear they are good but considering the personal attention, they are pretty high price wise.

As for where to dive. From a boat I would highly recommend the PAMIR. It is a small ship that sunk in about 60 ftsw and has some great swim throughs. Last time I was there we saw a sting ray with about a 3 ft wing span.

Most will recommend the STAV but I wouldnt waste my time. Main reason is the STAV is in about 135 ftsw so your bottom time is nill considering your costs and I live in NC so I can see deep wreck dives any time I want. On vacation I want longer dive times.

I HIGHLY recommend you dive Carlisle Bay....a fantastic shore dive. It is roped off so there is no boat traffic. Plus there are 8 wrecks all in a row.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Been there three times and going back this Sept for three weeks....I hope!!

There is a dive shop in Speightstown called Reefers and Wreckers, they are on the westcoast toward the norhern end of the island, very nice people.

Hi Ramez18
I have been diving with Hightide for the past seven years and I dont understand why Rich in NC said that or what he means by " their practices " I have always found them quite proffessional and they are located in the middle of all the best Westcoast dive sites, so it never takes long to get to any of the dives by boat.
I believe that the Turtle Tagging program starts on May 12th, this is a fantastic experience, and I have had a turtle named after me, beacuase I spotted it and then the Barbados Sea Turtle project guys caught it and tagged it.
Edwin is a great guy, and so is Neil.
I think you will have a good time if you dive with Hightide. The website is www.divehightide.com and the more dives you book, the cheaper the packages become. Good luck, Barbados is a beautiful Island, I go back every year.

MI....I have PM'd you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom