Anyone up for Millbrook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wife's statement on the warm water is a resounding Yes! it works great. All wetsuits fit tight, rentals more so..I liked my Akona 2 piece 7 mm, Ebay and leisure pro, etc sell them at reasonable prices.
hope to see you diving sometime,
-Jay

Wheatondiver:
Thanks. Does pouring warm water really help? I will be renting a wetsuit. I had some tight fitting ones last year. I believe it was either a 5 mil or 5/7. I have a 3 mil full suit and my son has a 3 mil shorty. Would it help to try to squeeze the 3 mil under the thicker suit? We plan on diving more at Millbrook, Dutch Springs, and Willow Springs. Can't afford a drysuit at this time. Any opinions on types/brands of wetsuits?
Look at the Henderson 7 mil semi-dry. Really does a good job of minimizing the water flush. But you gotta try it on - fit is more of an issue than with a zip-up-the-back, detached hood wet suit.

Went to Millbrook Saturday morning, right at opening. I have to tell you, the surface temp was 56 and it got down to 41 at 64' where I leveled off, but I couldn't tell! I just picked up the Bare 7 mil Arctic jumpsuit, with hood and gloves, and I am stoked about it! Anyway, the commercial is over. I am planning on being back there on Sunday if anyone is interested. Looking to make three dives.

Years ago I did my rescue course at Milbrook at this time of year.

When I went below the thermacline without a hood it felt like someone was driving needles in my head.

Back
Top Bottom