anyone been on the SPECTRE dive boat????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meterman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
im going on the spectre for the first time this weekend and was wondering if theres room on the boat for me to bring my rolling dive box (pelican box) instead of my rolling dive bag like most divers use. my box is much nicer to use vers the bag. just wondering , ive never been on or seen the spectre. i cant wait to go.:D

I don't remember there being excessive room (every diver has a little space for two cylinders and a small gear bag). I just remember a gaggle of OW divers and a less than cozy crew. Diving itself, though, was good.

Shouldn't be an issue. There most likely will not be room underneath your gear station for the box due to the size, but you can always keep it at the front of the boat if room permits or downstairs in one of the bunks; as long as it's not wet gear. If you do keep it downstairs, make sure you have what you need out of it before you leave it there. Once you are wet, there is no going downstairs until you are dry...have a great time!

Spectre is a good choice. Plenty of room by comparison with many boats. Call Ted and ask how many are booked. Spectre is cramped above thirty-some but if its 20 or less there will be tons of room.

Jim

Spectre has individual dive stations with room underneath to put your gear bags. They'll fit a large rolling bag (barely) but I doubt they'll fit a big Pelican box, at least not the ones I've seen. I would consider something else if you want to keep your gear at your station.

I also remember these stations being a bit too narrow for a Pelican. I had enough trouble stuffing the Akona bag in there.

Christian

Yeah, I've been on it a few times...

My buddy and I use Stanley wheelie bins for our carp and usually they get hauled up onto the sun deck...out of most peoples way. We set up our stuff at the assigned station then only access our bins when changing out or for storing dry stuff. The crew will help you lift it up.

Watch out for the ladder between the sun deck and the working deck. It bites.

They have dive stations up front & you can bring your box up there & put it on top of the box up there.

John

Like JMDiver says, if you have a pelican case and don't want to be separated from your gear, your best place is up on the bow. There's room for four lying flat but the crew sometimes needs to get gear out from beneath it so sometimes you'll have to stack them on one side or another. Your tanks will be on the deck as apposed to being on a bench. Order the tri-tip, take it up on the upper deck and enjoy, it’s hard to find a better place to enjoy a meal. Ted cooks the best BBQ out there. Have fun.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom