dead or frozen legs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
my partner has just started diving and after training in a pool had his first pen dive. He had to be brought up after under a minute as his legs were dead ofr frozen could some one explain to me what this means and should he be attempting another dive without first eng checked out as im being told its just one of those things that sometimes happens. Obviously i am very concerned about this thank you janice

Dead, or frozen, as in paralyzed? That is NOT something that happens, and absolutely should be checked out.

Welcome to SB groovydoll...

TSandM is a highly qualifed physician and excellent diver as well. Her posts are gospel here.

groovydoll:
my partner has just started diving and after training in a pool had his first pen dive. He had to be brought up after under a minute as his legs were dead ofr frozen could some one explain to me what this means and should he be attempting another dive without first eng checked out as im being told its just one of those things that sometimes happens. Obviously i am very concerned about this thank you janice

The only thing I'd add is that your partner should see a doctor really quickly (as in right now).

Terry

Have your friend see a doctor, now. I'm a new diver myself and if something like that happened to me you can bet I'd be in the Doctor's office immediately. If it's dive related your friend should be covered by your instructors DAN insurance.

It's time for the OP to elaborate. Dead or frozen legs? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Is that troll I smell?

Wildcard:
It's time for the OP to elaborate. Dead or frozen legs? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Is that troll I smell?
I agree, unless the OP clarifies the original question this thread is pointless.
:confused:

Troll in my opinion. First post - no profile info. A training dive of 1 minute duration is not going to cause leg paralysis. If a disc is damaged by gearing up with a little bad posture and a lot of bad timing there can be peripheral neuropathies of various types - so I guess its possible that he could have been injured as he prepared to dive and then terminated the dive as the deficit developed.

Clarification is requested.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom