Pasley says Hello (Non Dive Related)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,
Home on Rest and Relaxation Leave (R&R) for 2 weeks and just wanted to say hello to one and all and thank you for keeping the light on (Pasley Dive Report Thread) while I am gone. I will return to Iraq on May 6th and then I will have another 5-8 months (depending on if they decide to apply the 3 month extension to my type of unit, and our Commanding General is working on it.). So if all goes well, in October or November I will be home to stay.

I also want to say a special thanks to those wonderful folks at Dallas Airport. Their fire department met us with a water arch salute, and a crowd of people were in the terminal to carrying signs and waving hello and saying a simple "welcome home and thank you". They set up a 200 foot line on both sides to do so and greet every plane of returning troops, no mater what the hour. I only wish America had done the same in Vietnam. This gesture touched me and brought tears to my eyes.

Then on the way home from LAX, we stopped for lunch (traveling for 4 days tired and hungry) and an anonymous stranger paid our lunch bill on their way out. Totally unaware I was just off the plane from Iraq, just buying a lunch for a soldier in uniform and his family.

Well it is great to be home even if only for a few days. I do not believe I will be diving, but I may swing by a spot or two and give a shout out.

Welcome home, Melvin!

I'm sure you'll be busy catching up with your family and friends, but hope to run into you somewhere during your rest and relaxation.

Our hopes and prayers go out for your tour to end in October or November, so that we can have you back home for good.

Thank you for your service.

Christian

Melvin, Welcome home. Although I do not know you, I'd just like to thank you for your service.

Dave

Welcome back Melvin, if only for a short while. Be safe on your return, come back fast, and lets go diving! :D

pasley:
Then on the way home from LAX, we stopped for lunch (traveling for 4 days tired and hungry) and an anonymous stranger paid our lunch bill on their way out. Totally unaware I was just off the plane from Iraq, just buying a lunch for a soldier in uniform and his family.
:salute:

Thank you so much for serving! And welcome back! You are missed on the board.

Hey Melvin,

Thanks for all you do and for checking in here at SB... Can't wait until you're here to stay.

Kevin

Welcome home, Melvin!

Enjoy your time with your family and look forward to having you home for good.

We'll keep the light on for ya..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom