Looking for Free! Dive spots.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool:
I have heard about Blue Sink in Ocala National Forest, but I have never been able to find out anything about it. Many thanks, as this is less than an hour's drive from me.

Question, though. I pulled up NFS 573 and SR 19 on MapQuest, and got an aerial shot of the area. Is Blue Sink the dark spot to the west of SR 19, north of 573 just after 573 makes a curve to the left?

I looked it up on google earth and it looks like it is 1.35 miles WNW of the small lake you're talking about. There is a large open sandy space about 100 yards NW of it that can be seen on G-earth.

Devil Sink/Devil Hole is closed.

If you go out there, a chubby white guy will yell at you and threaten you. There is a 7 foot fence with barbwire and electric fence, and a dog. The neighbors will tell you that it's closed to cars but you can walk to it. When you walk to it, this man will come out and yell obsceneties at you, unwilling to listen to your questions, until you are quite far away.

And if anyone here happens to work for someone who can tell me info on who owns what, I'd really like to find out how much of that land he owns. If I wasn't on his land, then he was threatening me, and I don't like that. If I was on his land, he was just being rude. Either way, the guy that lives there is a jerk, and I will be glad to tell anyone who wants to hear it. It's a very subtle form of anger release.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom