New Sub wreck in RI waters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humble older aquaman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
New sub wreck in RI waters!

Update: Old Russian sub succumbs, and sinks

PROVIDENCE – “The Russian Sunken Sub Museum” is how engineer Damon Ise answered the phone this morning.
Yes, sometime in the evening, the listing submarine laid over on its side and sank, Ise said.
All that’s visible is the submarine’s periscope, sticking up out of the water at an angle, a radio antenna and one of the sub’s orange life buoys, Ise said.
“One of those [buoys] is bouncing and dancing on the surface, and then there’s just a trail of bubbles coming from the front,” he said. “It’s very sad.”
No fuel is leaking from the vessel, Ise said, and crews are working already on a salvage plan with a professional from New York.

Start up the Thunderfish!

Hoa!

Humble older aquaman:

Update: Old Russian sub succumbs, and sinks

. . . Start up the Thunderfish!

Hoa!

Who needs the Thunderfish . . . it's a shore dive!:D
With free parking, restrooms . . . and a "Gentlemen's Club" a block away.:eyebrow:

wreckedinri:
Who needs the Thunderfish . . . it's a shore dive!:D
With free parking, restrooms . . . and a "Gentlemen's Club" a block away.:eyebrow:

hmmmmmm.........tell me more about this "gentlemans" club you speak of...

Anyone for a night dive there before I leave to Catalina?

Humble older aquaman:

Update: Old Russian sub succumbs, and sinks. “It’s very sad.”

What are kidding me, Comrade? Sad? It would be great if they could tow that hulk out into Narragansett Bay or wherever and sink it in about 80fsw. I'd probably get more visitors u/w. What's sad is the rest of the Russian sub fleet rotting away at the docks in Murmansk and other Russia bases. Too bad you couldn't get a few of those subs, clean 'em and sink 'em around here. But, that involves a huge amount of hard work, lobbying and red tape(I've heard).

LobstaMan

Back
Top Bottom