RIB registration stickers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I just recently registered a 12ft RIB and motort that I got from my dad. My question is what's the best way to affix the annual registration sticker to the pontoons so they won't peel off when I inflate/deflate the boat?

Check out West Marine. They have both paint & stencils and number boards that attach to the hand lines.

shaggie:
So, I just recently registered a 12ft RIB and motort that I got from my dad. My question is what's the best way to affix the annual registration sticker to the pontoons so they won't peel off when I inflate/deflate the boat?

Hey Shaggy I don’t know if you seen the ones on my boat but I used the same fabric as the boat is made out of. This way the gluing process is easy. There is a glue called Bob’s (I don’t remember the rest) but can be found in most hobby stores the stuff sticks to anything. There will be people who shoot me down because it’s permanent but that is also the only reason I got my last boat back. When they couldn’t take the registration numbers off they dumped the boat. If you move out of state they can be ground off. Its a couple hour job but well worth the pains. The number can be found at most inflatable boat stores. If not buy a piece of the fabric and take it to a sign shop they have the dies to cut them out or a water cutter that will do the trick.

Donnie1442000:
Hey Shaggy I don’t know if you seen the ones on my boat but I used the same fabric as the boat is made out of. This way the gluing process is easy. There is a glue called Bob’s (I don’t remember the rest) but can be found in most hobby stores the stuff sticks to anything. There will be people who shoot me down because it’s permanent but that is also the only reason I got my last boat back. When they couldn’t take the registration numbers off they dumped the boat. If you move out of state they can be ground off. Its a couple hour job but well worth the pains. The number can be found at most inflatable boat stores. If not buy a piece of the fabric and take it to a sign shop they have the dies to cut them out or a water cutter that will do the trick.
Thanks Donnie, but what I'm looking for are the blocks to affix the annual registration sticker to, like what you have on your boat. The hull # I can do with stencil and Sharpie. I can't seeem to find anything on line yet for said item. I'll be going to my local boat stores in next few days to see what they have to say.

I know i have seen them before on the net but I'm not able to find it again. I got mine from inflatable boat works in Ballard (it's a little town connected to Seattle). As for customer service they are about worthless. If I'm in Seattle I will give you a call and see if you want me to pick a couple up for you at that time. As of right now I don't know when I will be back up there. I would post the question on RIB.net there is a north america section and there are a lot of helpfull people on there.

Thanks Donnie, that's just the ticket! Hopefully I'll have my new toy in the water in a couple of weeks. It's been a busy busy month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom