Anyone give up diving for lent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artw:
I gave up diving because I didn't like diving any more. hehe

Now that's just sick!
:dropmouth

Uh...Yeah...I guess...Come to think of it, I gave it up for Christmas and Thanksgiving, too. As the water warms, I do not plan to give it up for Memorial Day.

I'm Buddhist.

Long Long ago, I gave up giving up things for lent. Makes it easy. Like my only New Years resolution (that I have kept) was to never make a New Years resolution.

diverdan214:
I didn't exactly mean to start a religious discussion, really I was just kinda celebrating and kidding. Clearly I was mainly addressing others who had gone through a similar experience and in no way meant to impose that belief on others, I had no idea that my personally giving up something I indulge in for a period of time would be so upsetting to others.

I don't think anyone did find it upsetting. I didn't.

It's clearly your choice and I respect that. I just deided I shouldn't have got sucked in to replying because I'm not sure I want to discuss something personal like my beliefs with a bunch of strangers who may or may not respect them. I'm sure most people on here would though, they seem like a nice bunch so I'm looking forward to meeting some of them in hell :D

It seems like it (unless pool dives count)

I gave up beer to try to lose a little weight to get into shape for the approaching dive season....didn't work! (well I gave up the beer ok...but didn't lose the intended weight....)

diverdan214:
As I sit here and finish a tub of ice cream in post-easter bliss I wondered is anyone devout enough to give up diving for lent? Thought about it? What did you give up instead?

Leisure Pro gave up diving for the holiday. Or at least they closed their store for an entire week for Passover. (nope.. not kidding. see http://www.leisurepro.com/PopUp/April-07.html).

rawls:
I live in the Bible Belt and I don't know how many times I have been told I am going to hell...

I live in the Bible-Belt also. It seems that a majority of the churches here seem to think that if you're not a member of "their church", that all the other churches members are going to hell. So by that thought process, we are all doomed.

But they still want you to send your donations in in lieu of that....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom