Was April Fool's Prank funny?

Was SB April Fool's Prank 2007 funny?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHGoDive:
I saw one person claiming libel, and threatening litigation.
Oh get out. Really? :rofl3: :rofl3: Maybe they were just April Fooling.

fairybasslet:
Oh get out. Really? :rofl3: :rofl3: Maybe they were just April Fooling.

I thought about that... but they didn't have any ^you^'s in their post, so I knew it was serious :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Walter:
I don't believe that's entirely accurate, my dear. Please check that post again.
OK, you said participating in April Fools jokes was infantile. Ergo...
When I asked "What was the best April Fools joke you ever pulled" you wrote
Walter:
"Best" and "April Fool's joke" don't go together, my dear.

I was thinking, maybe the Supreme Court could throw out the votes on this poll.

NetDoc:
Can't we all just get along?
Pete, that's really the point .... the nature of the humor was to laugh at someone else's expense. While the majority of folks "got it", many didn't. Some felt offended ... like people who end up on the short end of a "colored people" joke or a "blonde" joke. Others felt it went on a bit too long ... while still others thought it had all the sophistication of a Three Stooges comedy.

As I said, "funny" means different things to different people. But in this case, the "funny" was of a nature that discouraged people from getting along.

I have no dog in this hunt, really ... I was in the air most of the day and didn't even log on until late at night. And when I did, I had several PM's from people complaining about it ... in a couple of cases, people who (not realizing that I have not been a mod for quite some time) were asking me to remove certain things they thought were slurs against them.

Humor of that nature simply doesn't encourage people to "get along" ... at least, not some people. If you're going to do that, fine ... but then at least give people the courtesy of allowing them to vent.

Frankly, you asked for it ... at least, in my opinion ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey, that's just how she rolls sometimes. IMO, boths sides of this convo have valid points .... so what's new?

NWGratefulDiver:
like people who end up on the short end of a "colored people" joke or a "blonde" joke. .

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
that is where your logic, and those who were offended, falls short IMHO. The joke was not aimed at any one person in particular or any group in general. The joke was on ^me^

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom