oms manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I have been doing research on manifolds and I am currently in the market for one and I am strongly leaning towards the oms. I would appreciate any information from those who own or have owned and oms manifold and what did you think of it?

the only others I'll consider is a SeaElite or a diverite

Are you talking about the older model with the captured Orings or the newer model with the double barrel style Orings? I had one of the older style manifolds with the captured Orings but I eBayed it a while ago. I opted for a Sea Elite as it's the exact same manifold as the Halcyon just without the H stamped on it. The best part is that it cost me half of Halcyons FTP. The thing I didn't like about the OMS manifold is that it only had one Oring on each side of the isolator. It was their captured Oring design. Most of the other manufacturers use the standard barrel style Oring that uses two on each side. An added margin of safety if you will. Not to mention the fact that with the 200 bar version, I have heard of some yoke regs not fitting over the large valve head.

I prefer the OMS manifold. it is stronger and is easier to set up. The captured "O"ring is what is used in your din valves. I have been diving the capyured "O"ring style for 6 years with no issues. The barrel style that needs two "O"rings means it has a failure point and that they are trying to prevent a problem by adding "O"rings. The barrel style is not as strong as the OMS, so if you go that route be careful of how you lift your tanks and ensure that you protect the manifold. I know someone who has the OMS manifold on a set of 112's, he had them in the back of his truck when his tailgate flew open dumping his tanks. They landed on the manifold and it held up. I dought if a barrel manifold would have.

Your choice in the end, this is just my 2 cents for what its worth.
TTFN

Hmmm. havent seen you around... ANyways, I would have to agree...

I have two sets of 112's doubles and both with the OMS manifold. They are a rock solid manifold. I love them, and I have never had a problem with the oring. The barrel style, like Dive Rite and Sea Elite is a good option too. Its a tough choice. I guess what you have to decide is if you want 200 or 300 bar manifold, and how much you want to pay. I think you will find by searching on the web that the Sea Elite will be much cheaper.

Good Luck...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom