Best 3mm wetsuit on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Body Glove hasn't been mentioned yet: I have an Axis 3/2 for warm water and I'm very happy with it. It's very nicely made, and fits very well. (I think Body Glove actually markets it as a surfing suit, not that that matters much at this thickness.)

I went with a custom fit nylon/smooth blk coating in scuba suit from www.eliossub.com from italy . I will never go back to a off the rack wetsuit.
The cost is reasonible & service is outstanding.
If you are picky like myself you can select the neoprene ,color , & many other options.
The suits are glued & stitched & cost half the price of a Hendersen insta dry.

cheers:

Bodyglove is a nice suit at a nice price, mine's a 3/2 Pro2, I'm still new to diving and have had only a few dives with it, but in PR its warm water diving year round...so spending a lot of money on a suit is not in my plans...anyway what I was told at my LDS is that the bodyglove suits are just as agood as a 3mm Scubapro but cheaper.

Keep in mind that Henderson has multiple sub-lines. The Insta-Dry is their flagship product (even if the flag is a little tattered right now). Next down is their Goldcore. I have a 3mm Goldcore full, and a 3mm Goldcore core warmer. They go on like greased ice (well, maybe not *greased* ice...), and they hold up well. I'm pleased. It's also supposed to remain a bit warmer than a standard 3mm. Much less expensive than the Insta Dry. (I *do* have Insta-Dry booties...figured booties take too long to dry, and it really *does* work for them). There's also the Titanium Hyperstretch, which most folks swear by from a comfort perspective ('specially if you're not an 'off-the-rack' fit).

I also have a 5mm Bare that adds ankle zippers and gussets, ankle and wrist glideseal, a thicker lumbar gusset, "Progressive Stretch," and was half the price of my Goldcore. Doesn't go on as easily, but it's a great suit.

I am also new to diving and will probably always stay in warm water so I was thinking of a 3mm. I doubt I will dive more than once a year and didn't want to spend tons of money but also want it to be functional.

When everyone says the best one is the one that fits you best...does that mean the one that fits best out of water right?

I got my Pinnacle Breaker 3mm new for $100. My gf paid less for hers. Very nice suit. Just NO reason to spend much more for a 3mm suit.

i have to add my .02 for the Waterproof suit. the number of sizing options they have makes their suits fit like custom and they are well made. i've been diving their 5mm, and am about to buy their 3mm.

checkout http://aquatoyz.com/ to see them and you canalso purchase them online (make sure to look at the sizing chart)

Rainer:
I got my Pinnacle Breaker 3mm new for $100. My gf paid less for hers. Very nice suit. Just NO reason to spend much more for a 3mm suit.

Where were you guys buying? I didn't see such prices at the usual suspects.

The Pinnacle wetsuits are great. I have two of the 3mm Seals, one 5/4 Fusion, and one 5mm Elastiprene. I have been happy with all of them. The merino wool lining helps keep you warm.

i love my Bare Velocity Progressive suit. I have a 5/4 mm and it goes out easy. for a 180 bucks you can't go wrong. (https://www.divetank.com/gear/product.php?id=154)

it keeps me warmer then a 7mm farmer john i used to wear. the seals are great, prebent legs and arms.

i use this and a 4mm hooded shorty and i'm good to about 52F and still have to open the seal around my neck to cool me off.

i just bought a velocity 2 mm shorty for a trip next week. hope it is as nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom