More photos of my daughter on a rebreather -- Blue Grotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

excellent pictures!

driftin' by:
Don't mean to hijack the tread, but what's the difference? I have one of each. Are you considered to be "hard core" if you use a black skirted mask?

:11:

quick somebody teach that man the secret handshake

:wink:

PerroneFord:
HOW CAN YOU DO THIS!?!?

Letting your daughter dive with a clear-skirt mask... The shame..

:)
Whoa slow down there PF...

A clear skirt is OK with no hood, but if you're gonna use a black skirt, then please wear a hood. Otherwise you get the "Batman and Robin" look.

To keep it simple, your skirt should match your hood- no hood-clear skirt, hood-black skirt.

And a beanie is never appropriate for diving. :D

OK, back to the original poster- those are great photos- now you just have to get grandpa on the rebreather too and you can have three generations.

What if the reg fails? Is there a back up Reg?

Again just curious.

The DSV (mouthpiece) on the Kiss units switches between open and closed circuit breathing. The open circuit gas comes from the small diluent bottle (in this case 14 cu ft) so should not be considered adequate bailout but is used for "sanity" breaths if you have a problem. We carry bailout cylinders (sized dependent on the depth and time of the dive) with open circuit regs. For relatively shallow recreational dives this may be an addtional 13 cu ft bottle. For deeper dives, it may be a 30 cu ft. For deep deco dives it may be tw 40's. Etc......

In some of the posted pictures, I was taking shots as students had practiced dropping, exchanging, replacing stage bottles so you don't see them wearing them. This skill is used to work on the varying buoyancy with and without the bottles. Hope this helps!

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom