which apeks as primary/backup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all i currently a new setup, I have a TX100 and an ATX50 by apeks, which should I use as my primary and which should be my backup, any opinions? ?? the TX 100 is considerably bigger than the ATX 50 thats for sure

Internally they're the same. The TX100 has a better exhaust tee as a primary, less bubbles in the face.

doesn't really matter that much. probably the TX100 as primary and ATX50 as backup, but its personal preference.

Do you want the larger reg under your chin or the smaller one? I'd want the smaller one. Both great regs

I'm diving to SEE wider exhaust is better I'd would go TX100 as primary
just my viewpoint..

I would probably use the TX for primary as the smaller ATX might be better to be hanging around the neck.

scubajohn921:
hi all i currently a new setup, I have a TX100 and an ATX50 by apeks, which should I use as my primary and which should be my backup, any opinions? ?? the TX 100 is considerably bigger than the ATX 50 thats for sure

Are these two separate complete regs(1st and 2nd stages?) If you are using a pony or stage I'd use the TX 100 for the primary and the 50 on the stage. Both are great regs. Does the 50 have a swivel turret?

wunat:
I would probably use the TX for primary as the smaller ATX might be better to be hanging around the neck.

I've done it the other way, the TX as a backup wasn't noticable to me, I didn't mind the bubbles, and liked the lighter bulk of the ATX as a primary... YMMV...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom