Dry Suit durability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prthd9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Extension of the hijacked thread on the Evo 2.

What is you opinion on the durability of the Evolution 2, Trilam, and 350 by DUI?

When my wife and I stand next to DUI and Whites divers, its night and day.
The other suits look like a plastic bag compared to the Evo's. They are a really heavy well built suit.

Can't say about the Evolution since I haven't owned one or wore one...but I have a DUI 350 that is now 19 years old and is still the best and most comfortable drysuit I own. Besides a couple of replacement seals, the only thing I've had done to it was have DUI install a new zipper in 2005. For really cold water, like under the ice, I have used a White's Catalyst which is one heck of a rugged suit, but a bit bulky compared to the DUI.

prthd9:
Extension of the hijacked thread on the Evo 2.

What is you opinion on the durability of the Evolution 2, Trilam, and 350 by DUI?

I've got a DUI TLS350 and DUI CLx450.

I'm happy with both, but, after a few hundred dives on the TLS, the threads wore away on one of the knee/shin reinforcements, requiring some restitching.

That surprised me a little, since I seldom touch anything on my dives, and I come out of the water walking upright, not crawling.

Otherwise, the TLS was rugged enough.

I certainly like the roomy fit and light weight; I prefer to have the great range of movement, rather than a close-fitting, stylish appearance.

It accomodates my heaviest combination of insulation as a result, too.

The 450 almost seems too heavy, but it's certainly bullet-proof.

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom