diving on good friday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246 once bubbled...
... I hope the weather forecasters are wrong, latest is snow or freezing rain, Friday am.

If I may make an announcement, our 14YO (15 in July) signed up for OW today. First lesson next Tue. I may be more excited than he is.

If freezing rain -- sorry, the deal will be off for me. Like Cat & jtronkin I have a drive (2.5hr). I don't like venturing that far with a mess on the road -- start the prayers or I'm not coming ;-0

Bravo for your 14 YO... I know you're a proud parent indeed.

......but family duty calls....besides don't think I want to do the hill behinds Duck's in freexing rain........quik way to get into the water :D

I do love diving there though.......be a great spot for a group dive..........

Looks like the weather prediction is turning more positive. Right now it's looking like

Friday
High 12C
POP 60%

Saturday
High 15c
POP 30%

if it stays true, I'll be there.

For anyone that has not dove there and experienced the clarity of water, you will find this a treat. I dove there last year in late May. 50 ft viz but here's the bad news: VERY cold water. It was 48 oF and last winter wasn't as severe as this one. Nice barge and diving bell to see in the 40-45ft range within a couple 100 yards of shore. Further off shore you have 60 ish depth with a very nice and predictable shore line slope. Great spot for those considering a night dive too.

Something for the wetsuit divers to consider - bring a hotwater thermos and hot chocolate to help for a second dive. They do tank fills but I'd check with them as a courtesy, in case they have a logjam of divers using the shore and staying on-site at their cottages...

As well, make sure the lead car knows how to get there - it is a real scavenger hunt finding this place on the Island.

For you navigational wiz kids: watch out for the diving bell metal messin' with your compass. It is quite entertaining watching people smash their lovely compasses/'puters into the dirt/hand as if this will fix the problem...

Enjoy!

DivingGal once bubbled...
Looks like the weather prediction is turning more positive. Right now it's looking like

Neither wind, nor rain, nor dark of night shall keep us from our appointed dives. The river turning crunchy just might though. But since that hopefully won't happen....

Now the next question (yeeesh, I spend too much time asking questions rather than answering them)... So is this an all-day bunch of dives you've got planned, or do Cat and I need to find somewhere to go for friday afternoon? And if so, does anybody have any recommendations?

Jamie

I have a family function in the evening, so I'll have to call it a day fairly early for me (3:00 or so), but there are two sites that are actually very close together, little bluff park makes a good site for a second dive for the day.

If anyone sees a light blue Toyota 4-dr with Alberta plates looking lost, it's probably me and jrtonkin. See you at the site guys, I'm about to add another category to that "how far will you drive to dive" poll :D

looks like the weather will be co-operating, "warming" up to around 10.

Also, Diver Joe has said he will be joining us

I might also be able to make an appearance. What time does the party start?

TTFN

Wouldn't that make "Good Friday" a "great Friday"??? :tease: AND... should I mention that I will hit dive # 30 for the year this weekend, even after taking most of January and half of February off due to an injury??? Or should i mention that my last two ocean dives were without a wetsuit? Nah, I will be kind and won't mention it! :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom