Greetings, from Southern California (OC)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Cal Guppy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone! My name is Erika and way back in high school I was called "Guppy", it had something to do with my smile. Anyway, I am not yet certified and I haven't started my class yet, which will be April 11. Then I have 4 weekends of class/pool, ocean/ocean. I'm interested in finding female individual who I could talk to and who is getting started to take the course and/or just got certified.

Thank you
Erika:crafty:

Thank you TravelSimone. I just found the SoCal forum section (ehehehe) I guess I have to put in over 50 replies to get an avator, huh?

my girlfriend just got certified, it was hard for her to do the mask clearing. she didn't love the class but then on our first dive after the OW class, she saw a sea lion and now she's hooked. we're going tomorrow!!!! Yeah diving!!!!!!

Hey Bionerd, is that california westminster? she did! wow, I am excited but the thought ...minus the toliet...:toilet "help" Would your girlfriend be willing to share her experiences of being in the classroom and in pool/OW. Where did she get certified?

Thank you so much...
Erika

So Cal Guppy:
I guess I have to put in over 50 replies to get an avator, huh?

Well, I have never heard of such a thing (but what do I know?) Go to Control Panel and then "edit avatar".

Welcome...to an eventual "new diver".

My mission is to help new female divers with those questions and issues that arise when you're first getting certified...and thereafter. So, feel free to either PM me or contact me through my site, and I'd be happy to answer questions...or just cheer you on as you go through your course.

Also, you may find the article on my site helpful about the "Just certified" open water diver... I did her interview 4 hours after she was certified, so it was FRESH!!

The interview is under the Education section in the GirlDivers section.

Congrats on taking your "world view" down under!!

Welcome to SB from a fellow SoCal diver out on beautiful Catalina. I'm sure once you get your c-card you'll end up diving in our waters soon... perhaps even as part of your class work.

Unless things have changed, you can upload an avatar any time by going into your profile.

Enjoy the community on SB... it's a great source of information, although you do need to filter it somewhat (like any Internet site). Usually other members will help you filter through it with their follow-up posts.

thank you Bill and yes, my boyfriend is just itching to get me over there once I'm c-card

Thank you Cindy, I will definitely check out your site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom