reg suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all...

This is my first time to these forums and I am totally impressed.. None of the hot-headed garbage that goes in on in most of the other sites i've looked at. Great job.

Too$hortbaby....I'm in ontario as well. The one thing to be really carefull of in ontario is the servicing. I have heard good things about the atomic, but have never happened upon a store in ontario that actually sells them (doesn't mean there isn't one though). It is probably an issue with distribution in ontario that may be cleared up in time.

Personally I use and prefer a Posiedon and a Mares and have never had a problem with servicing.....but....you either love Posiedon or you hate it with a passion. I know just as many that swear by scubapro which are equally easy to service in ontario.

Don't be shy to buy a high performance reg., like those the other's have been talking about...they know what they are saying. Some of the back lakes around southern ontario and up in northern ontario are particularly harsh (brutaly cold,dark, low vis, etc) so you don't want to be thinking about where your next breath is coming from in a pinch.

Boy that was too long..

Cheers everybody

Between the two, I would tell you this: I have the Max. It's a great coldwater reg without having to add any environmental kits, plus it's extremely durable. (It breathes great to just shy of 200'). The A2 is fine but it is not inherently a coldwater reg. Both are good hardware.
Norm

I have had them a little deeper than I should have
and they still work great so I'll stick with my tried and true easy breathing at any depth Mk 20/G250 combination.
In all seriousness for the price,serviceability,and last but not least function this reg set is hard to beat.

Yes rick i agree.
I have never heard about bad regulators, all of them have to meet the regulation for safety
The only thing:coldwater regulator versus hot water regulators
To me scubapro are very goo regulators for " tropical dives ", they breed perfect
If you dive in cold water i would'nt recommend them and mainly not the very good MK20S600 i use in mairisius
So as eady said goto your regular dinving schop and decide the amount of money you want to spent
Before buying try them, you can rent them before.

Beside for shallow water dives you wont feel big difference
I dont like scuba pro but i can tell you they breed very well at 130 feet when i went on my firs wreck divy

Try before

Dive safe

Fa

I just got back from buying a atomic Z1 regulator!
Its replacing my 14 year old scubapro g200(with g200 b kit)
I have 600+ dive on the g200 and hope the Z1 works as well!
I live i massachussetts and have dove every month of the year with no problems! Ive been going to the same shop all
14 years.the owner has talked me out of spending money.
He has repaired my regulator while i waited for free many times. He sells scubapro atomic and cresi sub he suggested the atomic. So i respect his opinion hes had his own shop
for 35 years!
my 2 cents Rick L.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom