First night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scblade27

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was planning on doing my first night dive this weekend down at Blue Heron Bridge in West Palm, Fl. I was wondering if anyone had done a dive there or if anyone has any general suggestions. I have done a dive there before and i have also been into areas with very low light situations. I have good lights and a good buddy. I just really wanted any tips or suggestions of things I may not know or not have thought about yet. Thanks! this is an awesome board, I enjoy reading what everyone has to say.

Better answers available on Florida frorum....

We dove there once during the day on a trip earlier in February. Was part of my buddy's AOW dives. I have heard that it is pretty great night diving there too. I'm certainly no expert about the conditions but if you are getting your tanks filled you might head to Pura Vida just over the bridge (3 blocks) on the Singer Island side and ask them. They dive there a lot and had some good things to say about it and could certainly advise vis a vis tides and other conditions.

Mel

I will be down there March 16-23 doing some diving in west palm - I am staying in Orlando but planning a couple days drift diving in west palm and doing a night dive there also. when is your trip?

Journey On,
scubacoots3

I actually live in Orlando but unfortunalty we will only be in west palm the 9th through the 12th. It looks like we will just miss you. Have a great time diving down there. I would like to do a drift dive sometime there but right now i suffer from poor diver syndrome. Have a great time!

Hope your first night dive goes good. My first one was such a calm experience you'll love it! I hope the weather is good for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom