New dive spot !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azcaddman:
According to their website.. no fish in the scuba section... probably too much chlorine

Bah! I want scorpionfish! And other slightly hazardous aquatic life.

What is WRONG with these people??? :shakehead

Actually, it's too bad cactii hate water so much. You do have to admit it would be kinda cool to dive amongst the cactus. You wouldn't get too close, and it would be a great buoyancy tutorial for newbies, before they go to the pretty reefs.

Sounds like that will be a lot of fun!

Indoors will keep us from getting burned in the summer. I am picturing an "Atlantis" looking terrain underwater. It will make a quick and easy destination for a place to hang out and have a beach!

Maybe we can watch Phil climb the rocks and base jump down from the cliffs? Could be interesting!

Anyone know how deep the pool will be?

krcollins:
Anyone know how deep the pool will be?
I wonder if they know yet for certain - Let's hope 32' or more - especially if they're teaching Rescue. Be cool if they built a pool like Nemo33...:
Scuba diving in The Sunken City is about being up close and personal to the crumbling ruins and ancient relics of this lost world. Encrusted stone walls, colonnades, stone arches, coral, and plants will highlight your diving experience. The Sunken City will not have any fish, but there will be no shortage of astonishing habitats to explore and things to discover.

The Sunken City’s dive shop will carry all of the latest diving equipment, and be one of the safest, most advanced dive training facilities in the world. Whether brushing up on existing skills or getting certified for the first time, the Sunken City will cater to every ability level, including those who just want to blow a few bubbles. Along with the latest gear and an exotic travel program, the dive shop will offer classroom training, open water dive courses, classes in underwater video and photography, dry suit training, rescue diver courses, diver medical courses, and much, much more. In addition, the dive shop will offer you the opportunity to demo or rent the latest wetsuits and diving gear.

Looks like fun wonder what the prices are going to be????:mooner:

I'm guessing pricey if they are going for a theme park type of deal. Wonder if you will be able to just go to the Scuba area without paying full park admission. Even then not sure how much I'd be willing to fork over to dive in basically a big pool with some fake plants, coral and structure. I can't see it being more than a one-time dive to satisfy my curiosity type of thing.

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
I'm guessing pricey if they are going for a theme park type of deal.

I also think it'll be pricey. But, the first time I saw Nemo33, I was amazed by how (relatively) inexpensive it is. For a 45 minute session, it is only $15-$26 depending on time of day and membership level. I think their pool goes to 120 feet too.

I'm betting around $40 to $50 a day. That range is pretty much the bare minimum you need to make any theme park work (unless, of course, you're Disney, in which case you have sponsors to build or pay for your key attractions). And even at that price they must be counting on the commercial and "hotel" space to pick up a sizable portion of their construction cost recapture; unless, of course, they've found some sucker who will accept a one percent cap rate.

cjust:
I also think it'll be pricey. But, the first time I saw Nemo33, I was amazed by how (relatively) inexpensive it is. For a 45 minute session, it is only $15-$26 depending on time of day and membership level. I think their pool goes to 120 feet too.
Ya but we're not talking about a pool we're talking about a theme park. Can't really compare the Nemo33 cost either as that is Belgium. I also call $26 for a 45 minute dive in a pool expensive.

Back
Top Bottom