Downtown ScubaL First Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... I could be wrong, of course... but JS rarely posts here.

I PM'd both John and Tina and asked them to review their posts against this line in the TOS:
While a commercial interest may respond to a request for information, they are expressly forbidden from starting posts about their goods or services.
It appears that John already has. And I can't disagree with his assessment either. Since Stephen Ash did ask prior to his post:
Tell us more about this shop, John. What's in the neighborhood? When I think of Roosevelt I think of a pretty tough area of town. What are you guys planning for this store? I mean... who are you gonna get to frequent this location and what's the draw?
Later Edit: And now since Tina has, I'd like to thank Tina for her constructive editing to allow this thread to remain on topic.

azcaddman:
2 posts John?, and it's only tuesday... what bizarre world have I been transported to?

:1poke:

Out of 4 total! Wow! To what do we owe this honor?:wink:

did anyone horn in on the "what do you like about scuba sciences? just the positive things"?
I don't even recall anyone *****ing about it. Don't know the rules that well, I'm not a lawyer, but I do have some common sense.

And horning in on this post is getting us back to square one again.

Gang,

There are lots of exciting things going on .... If any Arizona LDS feels they need to use this thread to gain "fair access" to the SB Market, feel free. If answering someone's question about what is going on at "Downtown Scuba" is a violation, that is news to me. I've only been hanging out on this board for years and contributing where-ever I can to help be an ambassador to a sport we all love. Perhaps I am wrong.

Now, let's focus on some of the positive things in my post that EVERYONE has overlooked. We have a real exciting NON-PROFIT event going on in October. It is an event that will benefit (1) breast cancer research and (2) the local dive community. Instead of focusing on petty competitive issues, I throw the gauntlet out to all dive professionals and Arizona LDS's to join the good folks organizing this event.

I have to be honest, I am a bit taken back that some folks would not focus on the Dive for a Cure AZ announcement. Is it really that cutthroat in the AZ "dive" marketplace?

If you are not interested in the COMPLETE change of events at Downtown Scuba (which I was updating more than just Stephen), Dive for a Cure AZ, or anything else in the OP, you are free not to participate in the discussion. If you are up to the challenge in helping us with Dive for a Cure, we need you! Pick up the Gauntlet and we all win!!!!

Respectfully,
jcf

PS - To the MOD's: Thank you for your respectul and tactful way of resolving this issue.

////

jcf

We've all gotten so bitter. It sucks.

scubajcf:
I have to be honest, I am a bit taken back that some folks would not focus on the Dive for a Cure AZ announcement. Is it really that cutthroat in the AZ "dive" marketplace?

I am too. Things used to be nice in this forum. We used to talk about diving and "Lake Pleasant conditions" :D Now it's getting worse than the DIR forum! :11:

It would be nice to just focus on the good things about scuba diving. Let's promote the sport and work together on it. Remember the movie "Miracle on 34th St" with Natalie Wood as a child. The Macy's Santa was sending the parents to other stores to buy stuff and it just boomed Macy's business. Believe it or not, marketing like that still works. But I guess some people just don't get that. :shakehead

Next thing we know, booth22's post on his and his wife's after school program will be tainted. Oh, that's right, it already was... :shakehead

Actually John, I was very interested in hearing more info on "Dive for a Cure", but I figured that would be forthcoming since it isn't until Oct. My mother is a "survivor" and my website gives to several charities including the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, actually over half of my net profit from getBentScuba.com last year went to charity. If I wasn't planning on selling the site soon, I wouldn't mind doing something with it to help the cause. But I'd be interested in more information on an individuals contribution/participation when your ready to give it out.

As for the state of the AZ forum, if I wasn't completely bored out of my mind most of the day, I'd take a SB vacation :D It's gotten so negative and devisive of late it's bummin me out. I'd rather read about Saguaro Lake Conditions than anything bad about ANY LDS for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom