Scubapro Jet fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Mitch:
My next step will be to get some spring straps for them, I'll just have to look into which ones to get, the Scubapro ones are $80!, I'll try and find something a bit cheaper.

It will make a good investment. :D

My spring straps are also from www.spring-straps.com. Great quality at good price.

Enjoy!!!

alo100:
I am not sure if this is the right question for this thread, pls excuse me if this is not the perfect place for it.
I looked at OMS Slipstream the other day, it's identical to Jets, would it deliver the same power, if not, would it be easier for the kicks?

BTW, I am sure Jets is v. v. good, not intended to argue about it.

The OMS Slipstreams and SP Jets are *not* identical. Same shape, yes, but they're made of different materials. The Jets are much denser (and stiffer?). If you could use the extra negative buoyancy (e.g. diving a dry suit), then the Jets are likely preferable. If you are already feet heavy, though, might be worth giving the Slipstreams a look.

Fish_Whisperer:
I just bought a pair of OMS "Slipstreams," which are very similiar to Jet fins, but a little lighter. I love them... I dove them for the first time, Saturday. They ROCK!! :)

Just curious, diving wet or dry?

Fish_Whisperer:
I didn't experience "floaty feet," at all. I don't know if it was because of the fins. I was careful to keep my feet below the level of my head and shoulders -- a slightly "head-up" trim, though. I didn't use ankle weights. Good luck, Rainer.

Thanks. I'm quite happy with my current fins, but my gf is looking for a new pair, so I suggested she try the OMS vs. the Jets.

SB member Wayward Son makes custom made spring straps. I have two sets. Excellent quality, and quick turnaround.

Back
Top Bottom