Where would YOu Mount Tank Brackets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaboyforever:
where can i buy four blade props? and which one is the best? whats the 6'' riser for the exhaust, can you please go into further detail?
There's a lot of science and even more voodoo about props. If you have to ask where
to buy a four-bladed prop, you haven't done anywhere NEAR enough homework on
props to spend any money. Stick with what you have, and do your homework for a
long time. Do not buy any prop you haven't had a chance to try.

FWIW, I still have the aluminum three-blade prop on my boat that it came with. It gets
the job done.

I'm not sure what you are thinking about doing is legal,of course I have never heard of someone "wanting" to put tanks on the back of thier boat like that. Could cause a major problem.
Becky

nothing for nothing ..but I see it is an 02 and has had the engine rebuilt???My first question would be whats up with that??? Probably why it's on the market for only 28g's ... that is worrisome less you know the seller.

I have a 20' cuddy walk and I can stow 8 tanks in the cab forward; 4 standing and 4 laying down ...Gear and tanks for ...bodies aft .

Also just a thought ...I/Os are nice on space but man they are expensive to maintain ...there is a reason why 99% of the earths small craft are Outboards ...

Also pretty tough to swamp an OB ...I/O with a full compliment of divers and gear is another story specially on the east coast during a rain storm.

Finally the true upside to an I/O is the fuel efficiency to power ratio. Granted my 2 stroke OB has a larger carbon footprint than Bethlehem Steel but my maint. cost are a fraction of an I/O.

Skull:
nothing for nothing ..but I see it is an 02 and has had the engine rebuilt???My first question would be whats up with that??? Probably why it's on the market for only 28g's ... that is worrisome less you know the seller.

Your very right....buying an 02 with a rebuilt engine and not knowing the owner would worry me too.haha

all jokes aside.. I purchased a new trophy with a extended Phoenix American warranty that covers EVERYThing on the boat for 6 years and its transferable.

I have come to realize the best place for now is to keep my tanks laying down flat in the cabin. until i can get onboard and see how the boat handles with all gear and divers then i will make further plans on drilling dive ranks.

>>all jokes aside.. I purchased a new trophy with a extended Phoenix American warranty that covers EVERYThing on the boat for 6 years and its transferable. <<

Nice ...enjoy , there is nothing like diving off of your own rig ...

It must be nice to be able to dive off your own boat...for the longest time I have wanted to be in command. rather then someone telling me where and when and how to dive.

Im sure there are pleny of folks that would rather charter a ride out to dive...but for me thats just no longer going to happen unless I want to dive the deeper wrecks.

speargirl:
I'm not sure what you are thinking about doing is legal,of course I have never heard of someone "wanting" to put tanks on the back of thier boat like that. Could cause a major problem.
Becky

I’m confused on what you think might be illegal?

seaboyforever:
Skull:

Your very right....buying an 02 with a rebuilt engine and not knowing the owner would worry me too.haha

all jokes aside.. I purchased a new trophy with a extended Phoenix American warranty that covers EVERYThing on the boat for 6 years and its transferable.

I have come to realize the best place for now is to keep my tanks laying down flat in the cabin. until i can get onboard and see how the boat handles with all gear and divers then i will make further plans on drilling dive ranks.

Hey Seaboy in my opinion good move. I wouldn’t spend a bunch of money until you have used it for a while. I’ve been using mine for over a year now have had a couple custom racks welded up about 6 months ago and have changed them twice all ready. Thank god I have access to a fab shop and a friend who welds. As for props Chuck hit the nail on the head I think there is more voodoo then science in picking props. I talk to all the professionals bought 2 new props and they are too small for what I usually do. So I will probably be buying a third set in a couple months to get my speed back and so if I’m not driving someone will not over rev my motors. I hope your first few excursions go with out a hitch and you get a lot of use out of your boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom