Little Cayman Beach Resort- been there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Obviously a dive on GWW is better than a day at the office, but I have to agree there's far more interesting sites on LC. Like Cascades or anything along Jackson wall, or southern sites they don't do much. It would be neat if places like LCBR that run multiple boats, divided them by "famous bloody bay sites" and "great sites rarely dove." I bet they'd get plenty of takers for the latter. That would actually get me back there sooner.

Damselfish:
Obviously a dive on GWW is better than a day at the office, but I have to agree there's far more interesting sites on LC. Like Cascades or anything along Jackson wall, or southern sites they don't do much. It would be neat if places like LCBR that run multiple boats, divided them by "famous bloody bay sites" and "great sites rarely dove." I bet they'd get plenty of takers for the latter. That would actually get me back there sooner.

That would be nice. I just poked around in some of my old logs and found that of 208 dives on LC only 13 were in spots other than Jackson's/Bloody Bay, and these 13 were probably all weather related.

The DM's head for the famous sites because most divers want them, and unless the weather prevents a trip to the north side, they go there. Happy divers leave happy tips.

keyshunter:
The DM's head for the famous sites because most divers want them, and unless the weather prevents a trip to the north side, they go there. Happy divers leave happy tips.

This is one of the reasons my wife and I prefered Brac. You'll get at least one trip to the LC walls, but the Brac sights and under pressure and quite nice.

Are you sure about the no TV's in the rooms? On their website they have TVs. I want to book there for late August. I would like a TV in my room so I don't go stir crazy. There's only so much hammock and reading I can do after 3 dives a day.

Thanks

The website says they have TVs. It was several years ago that we were there. Either my memory is failing (another "senior moment") or they've added them since we were there.

smb1014:
Are you sure about the no TV's in the rooms? On their website they have TVs. I want to book there for late August. I would like a TV in my room so I don't go stir crazy. There's only so much hammock and reading I can do after 3 dives a day.

Thanks
When we were at LCBR at three weeks ago there was a TV in the room, and we had a basic pool view room so you should be OK. I used it to check the weather channel. I would see how cold it was at home, smile and head out for a day of great dives! :wink: It was funny until I had to come back to the cold :eyebrow:

my husband and i stayed at LCBR for the week of thanksgiving and enjoyed it. in fact, we're probably going to go back march '08.

dive op: thought it was run fine, liked the DM's, boats nice, great group of people we were with for the week! we didn't get to do bloody bay wall but one dive the first day because of the weather. it was very rough water and dangerous getting back on the boat. can't blame the dive op for that. they still tried to find us nice dive sites for the rest of the week and we enjoyed it (just a little disappointed - little cayman is all about bloody bay wall).

resort: quiet, relaxed, food good to great, rooms nice and clean, very basic. this is a place to eat, dive, sleep. if that's what you like (that's why i go on dive trips) than LCBR is for you. the group of people there for that week were great. couldn't have asked for a nicer group of divers (and they all knew what they were doing under water).

I was there for New Year's and really enjoyed it. The diving was very good. THe people were nice and helpful. Rooms were nice. A really relaxing, fun place.

Due to weather - did half a dozen dives on the southern side of the island near LCBR. Those sites weren't anything special.

The room I was in did have a TV

I'm leaving for the LCBR this Saturday for a week. I'll post a review when I return, or, if the in room wifi is any good, while I'm there. I decided that I needed a break from my high stress job - this sounds like the place to go.

FloridaDiver-
Have a safe trip and lots of fun. I will axiously await your trip report!
Susan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom