Happy Birthday ChickOfTheSea!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yo baby

Happy Birfday.

---
Ken

Happy Birthday

Jim

Happy, B-Day, girly ! Hope you score some freshy this weekend.

Happy Birthday Jen!!

:bday: :balloon :party2:
:dancingsnoopy:

Happy Valentine Birthday, Jen!!!

There is nothing better than getting to dive on Your Day.

Splash well and live big.

:heart: Claudette

So, there I was.....many firsts on this dive that wasn't. The surf has not diminished from the storm that came thru yesterday. Waves were about 3 feet which is pretty doable, but they were very strong, add to that an incoming high tide with a lot of pull well you end up with a lot of firsts. First my BC inflator hose came undone and had to be reconnected on the beach. Next that first wave hit our legs and I thought, hmmmm, this is not a good idea.

I had almost made it past the surf when I lost sight of Jen, when I didn't see her in the surf I got really worried. I came back in a little to find her and well ended up all the way in thanks to the surf and incoming tide. I still didn't see her, turned on my light and looked in the surf, damn, she shines her light back at me from passed the surf zone. Okay, so lets do this again, of course this time with a little less energy the surf and tide pulled me in and tumbled me a couple times, another first ending up on my knees twice.

So, where's my reg and mask, put them on, plan is to drop below the waves and kick out beneath in the muck. Yeah right, the ocean was not having any part of me this morning. Everytime a wave came it sucked me back to the surface. Okay, three times and no charm, I give. I considered walking down to Vallecitos which looked more doable, but knew I was so tired it would not have been a good decision. I would rather disappoint my girl then one of us get hurt. Went back to shore, found Jen with my light again, swirled it in circles like a turn around signal, she shined back and started in.

Props to Jen for not only making it past that surf but making it back in without getting tumbled. I was truly humbled this morning and disappointed I couldn't deliver on a birthday dive.

Kim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom