New SP-350 Firmware and Photoshop question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IlikeItwetPls

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just bought a SP-350, and was wanting to know if Olympus corrected the firmware for the batteries, or should I download the update? Is there a way to tell by manufacture date?

Also, Is anyone using the Photoshop 'Raw' plugi-n 2.01, and is it any good?

Thanks,

Use the Master Program and connect the camera to your computer. Click on the upgrade camera icon and it will read your current version and tell you if there are any firmware upgrades available.

Steve B

thanks!

hi ,just be carefull that u have astableinternet connection as u have to to it online. mine dropped me and camera was a dud,

cheers

If you are going to use CR3V batteries exclusively with this camera, then you probably don't need the upgrade. I believe the firmware upgrade is mostly for using AA batteries.

Heed the warnings about a stable internet connection; a computer which may sleep in the middle of a download session; and freshly charged batteries in the camera.

Hi everyone, I did upgrade to the latest firmware, and it says it is for a 'underwater' setting, and to increase shutter speed, i think. It has helped when I snap a pic, and then try to visualize it; really made it quicker.

I have yet to see what the 'underwater' addition was, but I really had not done an extensive look at the settings.

Thanks,

gert7to3:
If you are going to use CR3V batteries exclusively with this camera, then you probably don't need the upgrade. I believe the firmware upgrade is mostly for using AA batteries.

Heed the warnings about a stable internet connection; a computer which may sleep in the middle of a download session; and freshly charged batteries in the camera.

Hi Gert, From what I can gather you require the upgrade for both the CR3V and AA , might be wrong.

cheers
:D

I beg to differ with you Pierre. The CR3V batteries were sort of the OEM batteries. When people started using AA batteries they were often faced with a low battery warning due to the lower voltage of the AA (2.4V) vs CR3V (3.4+V). THis prompted Olympus to offer a firm ware update. The update was fairly simple, but if things went wrong it could result in a postpaid trip to Olympus for repair. This was discussed in depth on the SP-350 thread (which at 400+ contributions has become more of a cable). Wading through (or diving in) that thread offers alot of information on the SP-350.

It looks as if there has been another update if there something about underwater settings.

IlikeItwetPls:
Hi everyone, I did upgrade to the latest firmware, and it says it is for a 'underwater' setting, and to increase shutter speed, i think. It has helped when I snap a pic, and then try to visualize it; really made it quicker.

I have yet to see what the 'underwater' addition was, but I really had not done an extensive look at the settings.
The Olympus SP-350 Software Download page only lists the firmware upgrade from a year ago for the rechargeable AA voltage monitoring problem. There is a more recent one that version 1.3?

Version 1.4

New features will be added following the upgrade including:

* 3D function added.
* Art function added.
* Emboss effect is added to Insert Text function.
* Auto Tone Correction function of Plus version is standard-equipped.

Also, I can't find the UW presets. Can someone please help me locate this. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom