Best Boat for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richesb:
Half the dive ops in the world can't be wrong!!

Delta 34, Island Hopper!!
Nuff said
Damn nice boat, but yes ... half the dive ops in the world can be wrong.:D

You guys/gals are all wrong. This is the best dive boat....

259PHOTOALBUM1.jpg

Don't laugh, thats marine grade plywood.

Depends on where you'll be doing most of your diving and how many friends you have that dive. Don't go to small or you will be trading up next year. We have found that walkarounds work great. Cutty cabin W/ head for long trips, place to change in and out of suits, and store dry stuff. Twentyfive feet will do good on most water inland or offshore with at least 275 to 300 hp min. My wife and I perfer out boards, longer season in N.E., easy self service on maint. and gets boat w/ lots of gear up on plane fast. Island Hopper and Delta are great boats but $$$$$. Almost any brand WA or CC will work, (Proline, $$Grady White$$, Triumph, Trophy, ect.)
Just so happens we have one "FOR SALE" check out our web site "tiscuba.net. Business has forced us to move up 4 feet.

Delta 34 would be great!
Could someone buy me one of them?
Well I dont think any of you will buy me one and I dont have that kind of money.
So I use a 22' SeaRay with a cuddy, I pulled the seats out, Put a bench up the middle. I can take 5 divers and myself its a go0d boat, But I`m on a lake.

I don't know what the perfect Great Lakes boat is like but my new boat is a 17' (Pro 12) Zodiac RIB outfitted specifically for diving. Haven't dove it yet, the ice is too thick now but once it breaks up I'll let you know. My requirements for a dive boat was that it had to be trailerable (my wife said I couldn't get a new vehicle to tow it so there was a total weight restriction) and it had to be safe for 4 tech divers and a boat handler. There may not be a lot of extra room onboard but I think so long as we are organized it will work out fine

Bob

Bob
I think you will love that boat it’s a great boat. Very low and stable so it’s easy to get in and out of and will take just about anything the great lakes can through at if driven right. My vote for the perfect dive boat is a RIB for all the reasons above. They are just very expensive per foot and usually don’t have a head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom