Jet Fin sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ncsuScUbA

Registered
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a pair of Scubapro Jetfins and I was wondering if I should get the Large or XL. I recently tried out the Larges and I was pretty happy with them. I am just wondering if I will be sending them back for XL's a week after I buy them. I am 5'5" tall, 160 lbs. and my shoe size is 8. Do you reccommend L or XL?

Do you ever dive dry? If so most definatly XL, but I have never tried the large. I wear a size 9 bootie and my XL's fit great wet and dry.

My experience with fins is to try them on at the LDS and buy them there, rather than trying to find out what size will fit you online. I'm all for buying online to save a buck or hundred, but fins are just one of those things where you need to put the booty on the foot and try it on for size - kinda like trying to buy a pair of shoes over the internet without trying them on.

Different brands of scuba booties will have different external sizes (eg a 3mm booty versus a 7mm booty), and your footsize almost is irrelevant when talking about drysuit boots, either attached or seperate.

I have a pair of near new fins sitting in the cupboard that testify to the need to try them on in person before buying :(

I just bought a pair of Jet Fins - I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and in my wetsuit booties (not Dry suit rock boots) I wear a ScubaPro Jet Fin size Large. The Extra Large were way too big. However, if I went to a dry suit I would need Extra Large.

That said, I also tried on a pair of ScubaPro Split Fins for size comparison and in those I would be a medium...

Bottom line, it really is best to try them on first with the booties you plan to wear, but based on what you've said, I'd guess a size large would be the ticket and the Extra Large would be ... well, extra large.

~P <//><

P.S. Of course you might try talking to Scubaroo about that pair he has sitting in the cupboard.

Ziggys_Friend once bubbled...
I just bought a pair of Jet Fins - I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and in my wetsuit booties (not Dry suit rock boots) I wear a ScubaPro Jet Fin size Large. The Extra Large were way too big. However, if I went to a dry suit I would need Extra Large.

I wear a size 9 and have had the same experience. Large is fine for me with wetsuit booties.

Thanks for your help...I will try out the XL's and see how they work. If they feel like too much I will just go ahead and get the L's. Also, can anyone tell me why the spring heel straps that Halcyon sells for the Jetfin are so expensive? Theres not that much to them! thanks!

Halcyon's spring straps are so expensive because they're Halcyon. Most of their gear has a free serving of sticker shock.

There are cheaper alternatives.

you sellin' the ones in the cupboard?? I wear size 8,, and I use a viking dry suit,,, if your interested,,, you will have more room for your dishes!!

buck

For reference, I wear a size 12 regular shoe, a size 10 bootie and an XL fits me well.

My wife wants a set of jets and she wears a Women's 7/Men's 5-6. She dives exclusively dry. Would medium fit? Does anyone have any measurements of the different sizes? (As to why the LDS is a no-go...$169.99 Canadian...file under get real and no one seems to have the smaller sizes).

Back
Top Bottom