Rare primitive shark captured on film

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if i see that thing coming at me, it's time to initiate a BLEED (Buddy Live Emergency Egress Drill)

in which you take your dive knife, stab your buddy, and swim away quickly

(you don't have to swim faster than the shark ... just faster than your buddy)

H2Andy:
if i see that thing coming at me, it's time to initiate a BLEED (Buddy Live Emergency Egress Drill)

in which you take your dive knife, stab your buddy, and swim away quickly

(you don't have to swim faster than the shark ... just faster than your buddy)

Remind me never to dive with you as my buddy :)

You guys are wimps, it is only 5 feet long. There are much bigger threats at recreational depths. However I do agree it does have a certain ugliness factor which makes it scary.

ams511:
You guys are wimps, it is only 5 feet long.

only five feet long!!

only five feet long, he says!

my good man, the issue is not the thing's overall size, but the considerable sharpness of its dentature, which is, in this specimen, considerable

There are morays and barracudas that size with impressive dentature swimming off Jacksonville as we speak. Waiting for for you Andy. lol

ams511:
You guys are wimps, it is only 5 feet long. There are much bigger threats at recreational depths. However I do agree it does have a certain ugliness factor which makes it scary.
Yea, If my wife measured the thing it would be 20' long. At least that's how I taught her. :D

Gary D.

DeputyDan:
The thing about the ocean is that you just never know what may swim by!
Thats why i love diving salt water.

H2Andy:
only five feet long!!

only five feet long, he says!

my good man, the issue is not the thing's overall size, but the considerable sharpness of its dentature, which is, in this specimen, considerable

They're supposed to be harmless to people...
http://www.worldofsharks.net/glossary_e.htm

Back
Top Bottom