Sherwood Mako

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanL

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new Sherwood Mako? saw one in all black - looks compact. How's the field of vision with the one piece lens?

I tried one on, but I can't say that I've tested it. It was a toss up between that mask and the Cressi-Sub Horizon. The only winning factor for the Horizon was the FOV. I really liked the Mako and it fit/sealed very well.

The only real restrictions on the FOV for the Mako are slightly on the sides and downward vision (obviously when compared to the Horizon). But the mask sits rather close to you eyes, so it's really not that bad. I liked it.

Hope that helps.

I like it alot, I have an all clear one and it works great,, these may be personal preference, but I will say that the fov seems good, Ive used it 3 times in cold water with a dry suit and latex hood,, I get a good seal over my hood,,, and I rarely shave,, and I havent had any leakage. I get some reflection in periphery, but like I said, mine's clear, I may buy an all black, see what thats like. I was using a low volume cressi that was blue/black and I loved it, but my son took it to someones pool and Ive never seen it again!!! oh well the mako is fine,, hope this helps

buck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom