hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

40 year old cheesehead IT exec who has the scuba bug pretty bad. 3 years and 62 dives so far (Cozumel, Curacao, Grand Cayman, Belize) and I'm off to Utila on 4/1 for 3 months to get my Dive Master cert and as much experience and as many dives as possible.

Maybe I'll come back. Maybe.

Looking forward to reading the board. Good posts so far.

If you really want to impress us, need to log some dives in cheesehead country!! lol!!! what, too cold for ya????

have fun, be safe!!

buck

welcome aboard! this board is a wealth of diving knowledge.

you mentioned...

"I'm off to Utila on 4/1 for 3 months to get my Dive Master cert "

does this mean you're taking 3 months off from work to get your dm certification, or are you quitting your daytime job to become a full-time dm? =-)

good luck on your training!

Good for you! You only live once. Welcome aboard!

Welcome. Glad to see another addict. Sounds like you have had some great dives. Lets hear about them?
:)

The dot.com I worked for went out of business last year, so I'm taking advantage of my situation. I've decided to take at least a year off and travel, travel, travel!!!

I'm getting my DM cert along the way because I have the time. If it works out that I can extend my sabattical and be a DM even longer, so be it.

I got my OW cert in Wisconsin, so I've experienced the frigid lakes and quarries. No thanks!! I got my AOW in Cozumel and I'll never take another class up here. BTW, in addition to my DM cert I'll also be getting my Nitrox and Equipment certs while I'm in Utila. Instructor classes start in June, but I'm not sure I want to go that far.

Where do trip reports go on this board? I can submit some summaries of the trips I've taken, and I'll be online in Utila so I'll be able to send updates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom