slow with the intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divegary

Reaction score
Just a tad slow on the things to do here. Looked up the board after hearing other divers I know talk about ya. Dove a little during '80-'84 and stopped. Returned to diving in '97 as part of new and beautiful day thing. OW, ADW, Nitrox, Wreck Diver, ADV Nitrox, Deco Procedures, Ciprox. Hope to take full cave and trimix. Passed 400 dives in 2002. Do about 40% boat dives, 60% shore dives. Favorite wreck- The Stoltz, Favorite shore- Cathedral Rocks, Boat dive for marine life- Saturday Night's Ledge. Just LOVE to dive. Feel bad for those that can not deal with the coo waters of NE, We've got great diving here. Dive Safe, Dive Often. :eek:ut: Kimo :ghost:

Good to hear from you divegary. It sounds like you have some great experience, I am sure we can learn a lot from you as well as sharing our passions for diving. How cold is the water in NE?:)

Welcome aboard!! :D

Water temperature off Cape Ann is in the low to mid 30s. Good summer temps are high 40s or even low 50s around Gloucester, Ma. If you are out this way, let's dive Cathedral Rocks. Thanks for the Welcome.
Gary

My wetsuit would not keep me alive very long in that water..... someday I may be able to get dry and join you. It sounds great.

fellow coooold water diver,, hope to do the c. poling soon,,, dive just got canceled,,, see you around!!

buck

dove wet the winter of 99-00, did 14 dives Nov to April. The routine was one dive only, race to the car and strip out of the 7 mil, get in car and dress. The evaporational cooling in 10 degree air temp keeps you moving. Coldest water temp was 37. I would not do it again, but do dive year round with the dry suit. MY dive club MWDC dives every saturday, year round. Keep Smiling, Keep Diving.:eek:ut: :ghost:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom