Resolved: VERY negative experience with Cristal Clear Char ters- Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim,
thanks for a post from the "other side". While I will more than likely NOT be able to take advantage of the generous offer myself, I am extremely impressed, Dawn, with you and your company's response. Thank you and I will certainly remember your dive company name when next in the Keys!

CBulla:
February SB Dive trip!
How about a winter 'invasion' :D

Before I read this offer I had emailed my sister, BIL and nephew in VA. She had offered me an air miles ticket for a visit and because of my back surgery and timing I couldn't do it. I really want to do it this winter and was thinking I would be nuts not to make a trip to FL while I'm already that far east.... what a perfect excuse to pursue this further :D

Dawn - I really don't know why I clicked on this thread as I usually don't read these. And even on the rare occassions I do, I rarely make it past the first 10 posts. But since I did, I will say that while I was outraged by the report of the captain's behavior, I found even your first reply very professional. That you extended this most generous offer to all of ScubaBoard is doubly admirable! Hmmmmm.... I wonder how many folks will join ScubaBoard so they can take advantage of the offer :14:
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

I would hope only those profiles dated prior to the offer being extended would be able to take advantage of the generous offer, otherwise it is really taking advantage of this operator.

Dawn,

When someone gives you lemons...
...make chicken piccata.

Very generous. This certainly shows something positive about your company.

Jeff

Wow. WOW. I'm almost speechles...(I say ALMOST because many of y'all know me and you know I'm never fully speechless :D ) That really shows someone that cares about diving..and customers. I'm just...speechless....

LindaBluedolphin:
I would hope only those profiles dated prior to the offer being extended would be able to take advantage of the generous offer, otherwise it is really taking advantage of this operator.

Linda, the date of joining SB is not relevant. Cristal Clear owes none of us anything. I've been a member here for 6½ years, you've only been a member for 2 years, does this mean I am more deserving of a free trip neither of us did anything to earn? I don't think so and I don't think either of us derserve it more than someone who joins today or next month. Anyone who uses this offer is taking advantage of Cristal Clear, which is exactly what Dawn intends. I only hope everyone who does use the free offer carries out their end of the bargain which is to write up and post a report about their experience at Cristal Clear. Only Hilary had a bad experience. Dawn is extending this offer to us and she encouraged us to "pass this to all your friends," because she believes it will ultimately be a good business move for her company. If Dawn had intended to so limit the offer, she could easily have done so, she didn't. I also hope that those who had a good time with Cristal Clear on the free offer will book additional trips with them.

No one is perfect and it seems a mistake or two was made with Hilary. Dawn is showing, quite well in my opinion, that situations like this are unusual at Cristal Clear. Several folks called for them to fire the captain. While I agree with Dawn that employee discipline should remain an internal and private matter, I certainly hope he is not fired. Everyone makes mistakes and while this one is fairly serious, there's no reason to believe this is anything more than an isolated case for him.

I was also pleased to see while Dawn joined SB to respond in this thread, she has posted in other threads as well. That's a very positive sign.

I am glad to hear this unfortunate event is being resolved in a positive manner. This is SB at its best! Thank you Hillary for bringing up the problem here on SB after you tried to resolve it yourself. Thank you Dawn for coming to SB and posting. I have often heard of folks who complain about SB members them a bad rap, but won't come here and offer their perspective. You have gone above and beyond to right a serious situation. Kudos to you.

Even though I'll be in FL next month, unfortunately, I won't be able to take Dawn up on her generousity since I'll be in Orlando for a 4 day weekend trip. Driving 4-1/2 hours is just a little too far to go for a single day diving. But like many others, I'm completely blown away by the offer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom