Where's everyone hiding their liftbag/signal devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVY21

Contributor
Reaction score
Since I am not really a fan of stuffing stuff up behind a backpad like the oms and halcyon backpads advertise as a feature (plus the least amount of crap to undo to switch from doubles to sta the better), what would be a good out-of-the-way place? I've seen the OMS emergency deployment system thing and it sees like an okay idea-although a little pricey for a pad, small belt and bungee. I have two zeagle pockets on my bp/w harness, one of them with spare mask, the other with tables, whistle, etc so pockets are out. Anyone have some examples from their set up...or creative ideas haha? Thanks!

Right thigh pocket for my SMB. Left thigh pocket for everything else.

I have the 100# Dive Rite bag,and keep it at the bottom of my TransPak.
This works pretty well as it is never in the way and is very easily deployed.
My safety sausage/see me marker is the 4" one and is clipped onto an upper D-Ring.
seldom gets in the way but well worth any hassle involved.
I don't do deep springs or deep wall dives without my liftbag,and likewise don't go on boat dives without my safety sausage. Either can be quickly added or removed prior to diving.
Most importantly,While I own many pieces of gear,I don't feel obligated to take every piece with me on every dive. Hence the rapid removal/addition of these.
My motto is to just take what I need or may need for a given dive and leave the personal dive shop at the surface.

I'm keeping my TDL marker in a DR sleave attached to the bottom on my backplate. Have had it there for the last 40 dives or so. Still undecided if that's where I'll keep it, but for now, it works fine. It stays out of the way, and it's easy to access.

6' marker/lift bag rolled up and stuffed into two pieces of bungie on the bottom of the plate (made small loops through the holes on either side of the crtoch strap) and I also carry a 50lb lift bag in one of my d/s pockets

but I also like the DR Quick draw sleeve

ac2753.jpg

Tamas:
6' marker/lift bag rolled up and stuffed into two pieces of bungie on the bottom of the plate (made small loops through the holes on either side of the crtoch strap) and I also carry a 50lb lift bag in one of my d/s pockets

but I also like the DR Quick draw sleeve

ac2753.jpg

Yup, that's the sleeve I use. I have it zip-tied to the bottom of my plate (I tried cutting it free once, was easy). Holds my 6' marker, but just barely.

My lift bag behind my plate and my SMB in my thigh pocket

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom