Tank rentals in Seattle: Big steel (nitrox)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airsix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's time once again for Ben and Jake to trek across the Cascades and jump into the ocean!

Can anyone give recommendations for a shop to rent larger nitrox bottles from? (100s or 120s)

We will be coming over on Friday the 19th. We plan to dive the office twice on Friday (afternoon & night). We'll stay the night and then do two dives on Saturday before heading back inland. (Sites for Saturday still being mulled over)

Thanks!

-Ben

Give Matt a call at NW Sport Divers in Kenmore. He may have what you are looking for.

You could try 5th Dimension as well.

...or you could just "ask" if anyone has any BIG tanks to lend...
They may do it for lunch or ???
K

Anther possibility is Randy at Starfish Diving Inc., Seattle.

Hi! Just wanted to check back in and say thank-you to everyone for the tips. I'm just about coming out of my skin counting down the days. You folks who get to dive whenever you want - count your blessings!

-Ben

airsix:
...You folks who get to dive whenever you want - count your blessings!

-Ben

No such luck! I just happened to have used two of his tanks when I was diving down there a couple weeks ago. Nice guy.

FWIW,

If someone is planning a long weekend of diving and needs some extra tanks, I might be able to help. I have some E-8 130 tanks that sit in my garage to often. I would have to determine if there is a libility issue with loaners. Does anyone have feedback on the risk of loaned tanks and how to protect yourself from problems associated with a kind offer? They are not nitrox tanks. Just clean air waiting for someone to consume it.

OE2X is the WINNER!

Matt at NW Sport Divers has been awesome. 1/2 the cost of the other shops and super customer service. Sounds like they are a fun group over there.

We'll be driving over tomorrow morning (Friday) to dive Cove 2 in the afternoon and again at night. We plan to dive Mukilteo Sat. noon (oil dock) and early afternoon (park). If anyone is around please be sure to say Hi. I'll be in a red Viking suit and Jake wears a Blue OS-systems.

See Ya soon!

-Ben

airsix:
OE2X is the WINNER!

Matt at NW Sport Divers has been awesome. 1/2 the cost of the other shops and super customer service. Sounds like they are a fun group over there.

Agreed, Matt, Dan, and the rest of the crew are doing a great job up there, they regularly fulfill my compulsive scuba-gear buying addictions, and are genuinely interested in building a safe, active dive community here. I enjoy hanging out there, and they are nice enough to put up with me :D

Glad you hooked up with them.

Back
Top Bottom