Tank specials in the Tampa/Bradenton area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey

Old, not bold diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Coming into Tampa/Bradenton for a whilrwind trip next weekend and was looking at picking up a couple AL80 cylinders while I was there (here in Colorado you can expect to pay $200+ for an AL80 cylinder) and flying back with them.

Diver's Supply has 'em for $150 including valve, any better prices around there?

Roak

roakey:
Coming into Tampa/Bradenton for a whilrwind trip next weekend and was looking at picking up a couple AL80 cylinders while I was there (here in Colorado you can expect to pay $200+ for an AL80 cylinder) and flying back with them.

Diver's Supply has 'em for $150 including valve, any better prices around there?

Roak

With the rapidly escalating price of aluminum, I am even shocked at the $150 price. We are currently at $169, and that doesn't leave a very large profit after shipping. Unless you find a shop with some older inventory (over 6 months old), I would imagine that $150 might be the best you will find. I am told (by my suppliers) that the price of aluminum cylinders will eclipse the price of the smaller steel cylinders by early in 2007. In fact, that is the reason that Worthington just release their new 77 CF steel cylinder. They expect to begin to sell it into rental fleets in the coming year. They further hope it will replace aluminum as the recreation cylinder of choice for new divers. Anyway, have fun on your travels.

Phil Ellis

Scuba toys is selling aluminum 80's for $135, i dont know what shipping would be for them.

I am assuming that picking them up down here would not be a good idea since you will have to take the valves out for shipping and then would need a VIP to get them filled once back in Colorado.

I may be incorrect on this though

EDIT: Scubatoys says that shipping can be "$10-$20 based on your location"

I'm a PSI inspector so I can inspect them when I get back. I'm just seeing if I can save a few bucks by buying them over the counter and bringing them back on the plane.

Roak

roakey:

Roak

Will airlines allow you to bring scuba tanks onboard (checked or otherwise)? In today's "terror" climate, I'd check with your airline before planning on flying back with new tanks....

you have Sea-treck <---- sp* dive shop on the beach of Bradenton. They had some AL80'S for 169.00 also when we went to dive the Regina. Be very careful of that dive btw. Since the 2004 Hurricanes it is nothing more then a hunk of metal the size of a large truck. Dont let the leftover internet hype fool you. There is just not much left.

tech108diver:
you have Sea-treck <---- sp* dive shop on the beach of Bradenton. They had some AL80'S for 169.00 also when we went to dive the Regina. Be very careful of that dive btw. Since the 2004 Hurricanes it is nothing more then a hunk of metal the size of a large truck. Dont let the leftover internet hype fool you. There is just not much left.
Unfortunately this is an all work and no play trip :(

Roak

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom