So which wrist comp wears well even when im not in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband has an air integrated wrist Cochran. It records everthing including your air flight. Great for guys that love that sort of thing.

Be sure to tether it to you with a lanyard. I lost one off my wrist while removing my BC in the water before giving it up to the boat crew. It slid right off my wetsuit and I didn't feel it go. Once I saw it going down, it was too late and no one else down there to get it on the way to the bottom. Talk about a woman crying.

I wear a Suunto Stinger every day. Stylish and functions well as a watch.

Playing devil's advocate here, but I would give some consideration to the display. I personally like large displays. Also consider the function buttons on a wrist watch size dc may be a bit difficult to access with gloved hand. Lastly, if you wear the computer over your wetsuit sleeve, you are going to need a strap that accomodates. This strap may be to large to wear around your wrist. Otherwise you are going to have to wear it on your bare wrist and your wetsuit sleeve will have to be pulled up above the computer. Chatterton had a D-9 on a dive a couple of months ago. I asked him how he liked it...He said...I can't see the damn**ed thing:)

I love my Suunto Stinger. Like said before, has a "nicer" look as it is a simple metallic face. Is not over sized for a watch, but large enough to be easily visible underwater.

Thanks guys. I ended up buying a sunto 2 from scubatoys.com. Rawls you are right i had a think and went for the larger display. Thanks again!!

Suunto D6 is my watch and dive computer. the strap is comfortable and its not to big. thinner then the D9. it also looks quit nice

I have scoped the Nemo, Atom, Suunto units etc. and even though I really want a small wireless unit I still cant bring myself to pull the trigger. For a daily watch I have a watch. For a dive computer, I have a Versapro puck on my wrist. The VP display is big as hell, simple to operate, nitrox compatible, reasonably cheap, and when I wanna replace the battery I can do myself in 5 minutes. I am still not sold on the "daily watch + computer" concept.

Scuba-Jay:
Alright so i think ive decided to go with a wrist computer rather than console this time. What im trying to decide is, do i want a streamlined piece that i can wear every day ( i.e it doubles as my watch) or should i select a unit that is purely for diving, and gets removed once im in for the day? If I DO decide to go for the day in day out approach, any suggestions as to good looking units? Looking forward to your response folks! I was looking at the Mares Nemo on scubatoys.com. That looks like a good deal?

thanks

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom