new here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wet feet

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I am new to this forum. I am a Vol. Firefighter in Tifton GA. I am hopefully going to be full time here shortly. I just got singed up for dart class which is Georgia's rescue diver course it is going to start in june. I am very excited to be doing this I hope it all gose well.

wet feet:
Hello I am new to this forum. I am a Vol. Firefighter in Tifton GA. I am hopefully going to be full time here shortly. I just got singed up for dart class which is Georgia's rescue diver course it is going to start in june. I am very excited to be doing this I hope it all gose well.
Welcome aboard.

Good luck with the training. In the mean time go through the posts in the PSD forum and ask any questions you need or want to.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is: DO NOT LET PEER PRESSURE PUSH YOU INTO ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH OR READY TO DO! You will live much longer saying NO from time to time.

When you get time tell us a bit about your team.

Gary D.

Thanks Gary. The team I have joined has abaout ten members on it. We have just recently got a dive trailer with gear and a dive boat. We are a farly new team trying to get going. We have 5 or 6 guys that are certified rescue divers the rest of us are support. We have not been able to get together in about two months to train but are hoping to soon If all gose well.

welcome and best of luck.

I'm a Couse Director/Instr. for a bunch of things and work in the dive industry, I live just a couple hours north of you, never hesitate to PM if you have any questions

wet feet:
Thanks Gary. The team I have joined has abaout ten members on it. We have just recently got a dive trailer with gear and a dive boat. We are a farly new team trying to get going. We have 5 or 6 guys that are certified rescue divers the rest of us are support. We have not been able to get together in about two months to train but are hoping to soon If all gose well.
Are you refering to Rescue Divers as Sport Rescue or PSD's? What do you have for gear and what kind of conditions are you looking at?

Gary D.

Wet Feet:

Welcome to the gang, I know you will enjoy it as much as I do
with the expert advice that is given so freely here you cant help but to learn and enjoy each time you log in

best of luck to you and your team

I to am new to PSD just joinning the local team a couple months ago

but most of the members here like Gary D and Cerich have been doing this for a long time.
you will find new PSD and Expert PSD shareing ideas and sujestions

so log in offten and let us know how it is going with your team
Sparky

Gary we are a PSD team not a sport rescue.We do not have alot of gear but what we do have is mostly scubapro gear such as regs and bcd's. I think we also have some dry suits along with our wet suits. I am not sure what else we have. I need to go through the trailer and get familier with all the gear. That is why I am hoping to get to do some training. As far as conditions I think you are referring to where we do most of our diving. Most of the diving we do is in small farm ponds and in a local river that runs through our county. Most of what we do is evidence recovery for the sheriff's department.

sparkyjames:
but most of the members here like Gary D and Cerich have been doing this for a long time.
you will find new PSD and Expert PSD shareing ideas and sujestions

Is Cerich a PSD? I honestly don't remember seeing anything from him on here before...

maybe its just me?

bridgediver:
Is Cerich a PSD? I honestly don't remember seeing anything from him on here before...

maybe its just me?

Nope not a PSD:D

Seriously when it come to gear , black/swift water recovery/rescue and training I've had some experience (actually more than some). The one thing I would not wish to comment on is evidence documentation and recovery, simply because it's not something I've worked with before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom