Good place to make online purchase of D200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to make sure that I am not getting anything grey-market. Are people simply buying from Amazon, or do folks have another recommendation?

Thanks.

B&H is good. I've had very positive experiences with www.buydig.com, too.

My favourite human to deal with is Allen at Allenscamera@comcast.net - can't recommend these guys highly enough. Tell him Kristin from Australia says "hi"! :)

If you are doing the whole underwater thing, definitely check out Ryan at ryan@reefphoto.com

Jam, I found "Little Switzerland" in the caribbean have the best, duty free prices. Ever hear of them?

he he...I can tell you who NOT to try. CCI camera, Royal camera and

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=362469

basically, Howarde is right...although I have to always see for myself.

Ohh...you want software inside? It's fun just to call for entertainment.

D200 prices are dropping fast. B&H currently has it at $1,349

Any underwater success with this camera with the underwater housing? We'll be off to Hawaii end of Feb. or early March - want a good camera for great pictures.

King Kong Matt:
I just want to make sure that I am not getting anything grey-market. Are people simply buying from Amazon, or do folks have another recommendation?

Thanks.
Go to nikonusa.com and look at the list of authorized dealers. If they're not on the list... they're not really authroized.

You might pay $100 more than online if you go to your local "Brick & Mortar" store, but they will in a short time KNOW YOU AS A CUSTOMER, and service (if you should need any) would be easier in the end. If you're already spending 1350 at B&H (which is the price including rebates :wink:) what is another 100 bucks for good local service and attention from people who will learn your name?

I paid FULL SRP for my D200 last spring, and I bought it from someone I know personally - (since I am also in Retail - just not in retail of cameras) - I KNOW that if I should have any problems I WILL be taken care of in a timely fashion, and I won't have to go through the hassle of sending my camera off to a large busy service center in an almost anonymous box to someone who doesn't know me from Adam.

YMMV

I paid full retail for my D200 from my LCS...the day that they were released (when 75% of people were on waiting lists). Same LCS...I paid full retail for a 18-200mm the daythat they were released. There are still waiting lists for them.

Moral of the story: When I call them now, they recognize my name and know i am a serious buyer...and jump through hoops for me. That is worth something.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom