Greatest movies of all time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fndmylove:
Anybody ever walk out on a movie you paid for?

No, I just take a nap during sucky movies. I wanted to walk out of Hulk but fell asleep before I could get out of my chair which was about 2 minutes into the film. what a load of rubbish that was. :sleep:

TSandM:
how could I have forgotten King of Hearts, which is one of my absolute all-time favorite movies? And Zorba the Greek? And a movie whose name I've forgotten where Alan Bates plays a con man who steals another's identity, murders him, and buries him in the basement of the building where they live? Bates is one of the finest actors I've ever seen. You can't even recognize him from one movie to another, he is such a chameleon.

So very true. When I stop to think about it, Alan Bates may very well be my favorite actor. I've seen him in a couple of others whose names I will have to dig around for. Back in the mid/late 70's when I lived in Seattle there were a number of independant movie theatres that showed some REALLY good film. That was where I saw most of his films.

Now, as for the worst movie. Once, The Far Side comic did a frame on Hell's Video Store- the only movie in the store was Ishtar.

Oooh - I forgot to include some Canadian content in my earlier list of favs - a movie from Quebec called C.R.A.Z.Y. that was released last year. It was great!

As for my list of worsts, I have to say that just about everything I've seen with Tom Cruise in it makes me want to stick forks in my eyes.

The Big Lebowski....the dude abides

The River Runs Through It.....call me stupid cause this movies inspired me to move to Missoula Mt and persue my passion of fly fishing and bow hunting. Went broke 2 years later and had to move.

Lord of the Rings rings....its windy out, the waves are crashing on the shore, kind of wet cold outside, hmmm looks like 9 hours dvd for the day.

Where Eagles Dare...Clint is cool.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.....Who can say as a child they did not like this movie the first time they saw it?

I loved Seven. It was twisted, especially the Lust one, but all around it was so good.

I walked out on the remake of Psycho. Borat was not as good as I thought it would be. The Ali G Show Borat was better.

Amberjack:
As for my list of worsts, I have to say that just about everything I've seen with Tom Cruise in it makes me want to stick forks in my eyes.

I thought he was okay in 'Magnolia", but after so much Tom/Kat/Scientology/on every freakin' magazine cover where ever I go...it would be nice if he disappeared for a long while ala John Travolta.

Wilson:
I thought he was okay in 'Magnolia", but after so much Tom/Kat/Scientology/on every freakin' magazine cover where ever I go...it would be nice if he disappeared for a long while ala John Travolta.

Agreed! I liked Magnolia too, but it was sort of in spite of Tom and because I love love love William H. Macy and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

My all time favorite movie is Goodfellas.

Some other good ones:
Dead Ringers
Memento, as mentioned previously
Ronin - great car chase scenes
Requiem for a Dream

Saw The Departed recently, it was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as Goodfellas.
Saw Babel, and really enjoyed that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom