Flooded Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
I just noticed that my Ikelite 4C light flooded on my last dive (Sunday). Does Ikelite cover their lights against floods like UK and PT? If so, can anyone who has had to send one back let me know the procedure and your experience? Thanks.

A lot will probably depend on why it flooded. PT will not necessarily cover theirs against flooding if it is my fault.

The best way to get it taken care of is take it back to the shop you bought it from. They should be able to get it taken care of for you.

Ikelite does a good job; go thru your shop and they usually take care of folks pretty well

same advice really. Your the place you bought it has all the connections so they should be able to help you.

I'm curious though, how did it flood? :)

Let us know how this situation ultimately turns out for you, it will be good to know.

I won't have time to deal with it before I leave on break this Saturday, but I'll take it to the shop I got it from in January when I return. As for how it flooded, that's a total mystery. I did my first dive no problem, then after finishing the second dive (also no problem), I noticed condensation under the lense when I got home. It's not a twist bezel, so no idea what happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom