UK SL-4 LED upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrothead600

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I keep a Underwater Kinetics SL-4 light in my BC pocket for a back-up. Recently, I had to replace the bulb/reflector assembly. I was wondering if the next time it burns out; Is it possible to replce the bulb/reflector with a LED module? Does the LED version of this light shine brighter?
I'm not too concerned about battery life because my batteries usually die of old age before they are drained, unless I forget to turn the light off.:banghead:

Well it not brighter but its more whiter and the batterys last longer. I like the LED better then halogen but HID the most:p.. But i would turn it over to LED.

I don,t know if UK has a conversion kit or not... But if they do, do it! You won't regret it! My SL4ELed illuminates the sea floor better than my girlfriends C4. The difference is impressive... Plus, the Led light won't burn out as easily...

Im pretty sure there is no conversion kit as its an inexpensive light and you can just buy a new one fairly cheap.....or get a Q40 led......

I have the SL4 LED on sale for $59.99 if your interested.....or Q40 LED for $35.....

I know thats not the anwer you wanted to hear since you already have the equipment

The Q40 eLED PLUS (not regular) is smaller and brighter than the SL4 eLED-- that's what I would upgrade to. The plus is about twice as bright as the regular Q40 eLED at the expense of half the burn time. It will go strong for more than 4 hours on 4xAA. The Q40 eLED+ is one of the best bargains in dive lights. I even used mine as a primary in Chuuk since it was so handy and I didn;t like lugging around my bigger light. Not super bright, but a good beam that is reflected through optics for maximum utility.

Dive Right In Scuba:
I have the SL4 LED on sale for $59.99 if your interested....

Hey, that's only nine more dollars that than it can normally be had for. Sweet.

Ya, I noticed that too late to edit, I was thinking the C4 for some reason. The SL4 is 39.99.....I sent a PM about my mistake to the OP a while ago.....Thanks for bringin that too my attention that I didnt make an addendum on here though evad....

Mike

Are you going to sell the SL4e bulb assemblys by themselves? Can you even get them?
I haven't found them anywhere.

Im not in front of the catalog, but I dont see why I couldnt get it for you....I have been working out of a Kiosk at our local mall for the holidays....and been extremely busy and worn out....but its almost over!! :D There are a million pieces on the catalog, Im sure I can get it for you, I will get back to you......

Mike

Alright...had my girl Pam at the store look real quick....the lamp reflector and housing is $19.95......les 10% for SB members. Im not sure if its worth while for you to fix yours, or just buy a new one....Let me know either way!!!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom