Has anyone met one of the diving greats such as Gary Gentile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met Mike Nelson years ago when I was working as a divemaster in the Florida Keys. He was learning to dive at the time, seemed like a nice kid.

WWW™

I thought was going to see the webpage of a great living legend then I saw the seaquest thing and realised Mike Nelson was a TV character!!! I had a good laugh it was the flip side of the Gary who thing.
Thx

Not sure if I've spelled his name correctly, however I met Mr Carl Brasheir in Norfolk last fall while he was promoting his book . A very quite unassuming man. It was not until I had read his book and then seen the movie "Men of Honour" that I realized just who I had been so casually talking to.
All I can say is there is truley a great man!

Not a living legend. Sadly, he died not too terribly long ago. I think many of us were deeply moved when Lloyd moved on, I know I was.

WWW™

I don't know who any of the people you all mentioned are, but I've met a guy named Manny.....I think his last name is Rodriguez.....who has a show on the Discovery Channel called Extreme Contact. He lives here in Miami not very far from me & we actually run into him quite a lot when we go out on weekends.

He's the guy that windsurfed from Cuba to Miami when he was 15/16 yrs. old (that was many yrs ago) & he seems to like diving to wrestle aligators & sharks & stuff.

He's very down to earth & normal, whatever normal is. I've never seen him turn away a fan & he'll always sit around & talk to you most of the time. Very nice guy. I wouldn't exactly call him a "diving great" but he's definitely an interesting character.

I think I've seen "Manny" on TV. He's kinda a long haired hippie type? Seems like a cool guy.
:sunny:

My dearest Puchikatt,

Manny is truly a diving great! He is an excellent free diver and his partner in crime Meghan, was the free diving world champion in 2000.

I agree with you that he's a really cool guy. His photo album rules too.

LOL Egg,

Did you click on the theme song while you were there. I still go once in a while and listen to it. It still gets to me after all these years.

Wish they'd bring that show back. :(

Originally posted by Walter
I met Mike Nelson years ago when I was working as a divemaster in the Florida Keys. He was learning to dive at the time, seemed like a nice kid.

WWW™

You sly devil!

ID

ID,

I'm a little slow. Please explain it to me. When I first ready Walter's post, I knew I must be missing something.

:)

Back
Top Bottom