Stolen Weight Belt in Daytona BEach FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sucks about the weight belt. I'm glad that's all it was though. I hate it when something like that happens and you're trying to take such good care of stuff you borrowed from somebody else.

You should be good with carry-ons on the cruise ship. I've never taken a lot on, but I've never really seen people hassled.

Man, that sucks... what's this area coming to? I listen to the police scanners at work every day and I can tell you that it's not good..... I just had to deal with the theft and arson of my car this year. Some young crackhead decided he wanted it. He got stupid and got caught...

I see (and hear on the scanner) of thefts constantly. After talking to some friends who are cops, one of whom used to be on the narcotics unit, most theft occurs because someone needs something to pawn for drugs. Daytona has become very bad for its drug use and the life that surrounds it. I think they just need to outlaw pawn shops.

As far as the gun stickers, someone beat me to it, but druggies gravitate to vehicles with NRA stickers on it..... why? Because they can use a gun to commit crimes which will net them more money for drugs... or they can shoot their dealer and steal their next hit.... sad, but true.

Which LDS do you use in the area... just curious. I use Atlantic. Dave's been good to me, but I've also heard good things about Charlie down in Spruce Creek Scuba....

I'm excited, because we're going to Jupiter on the 16th for a drift dive... looking forward to it!

DaytonaDave:
Which LDS do you use in the area...

Never mind... I clicked on your profile and saw the Atlantic scuba logo.... That looks like a Harold Augustine original photo taken at DeLeon Springs!:D

We have a bad meth epidemic in our area. This past summer, we had over 5K of tools and such stolen. The dead beats cut 7 locks and hoses to siphon gas. Lucky for us they are not very smart and I now know where they live, at least hang out during the summer (condemned meth house). We actually found some of our belonging WITH our name on it but the cops couldn't really do anything because no persons had it. But knowledge is power, and when I showed up in their driveway, in the truck they cleaned out, I think they put 2 and 2 together (3 1/2 in their eyes) and hopefully won't be back.

We have taken many extra measures that will make it much harder for them in the future if they decide they want to try us again.

It's really sad and unfortunate that they can only see as far as their next hit.

This past june I took my reg bag as a carry on and had no problem. I didn't want to take a chance and check it with the regular baggage.

DaytonaDave:
Never mind... I clicked on your profile and saw the Atlantic scuba logo.... That looks like a Harold Augustine original photo taken at DeLeon Springs!:D

Atlantic Scuba is a good LDS. I'm bought my book and tables for the Nitrox course. Read the book and am ready for the classroom sessions. My daughter is doing the nitrox with me also.
After that I'll do my AOW and then the rescue course.
Both Dave's at Atlantic Scuba has been extremely helpful.

I went ahead and bought my most of my gear from Atlantic Scuba even though Divers Direct is not too far away because I feel that they will be ready to help if there is any problems. When I told Dave that the weight belt was stolen he told me to come down and he let me rummage through all the stuff in the back. He told me if I found one like it I could take it. Didn't find one though.

Your right, Harold was our instructor. He was a good instructor. For a big guy he is pretty nimble on his feet. When we were at Blue Springs my daughter fell with all her gear on while walking down to the entry. Before I could even react he was hot-footing over to help her even though he had a big steel tank & pony bottle.
I was feeling a little self conscience after I found out my buddies were referring to me as the Michelin Man when I got in my wet suit. :) but seeing how graceful and effecient Harold moved in the water made me feel better. I am looking forward to learning a lot from him.

harleyxx:
I am looking forward to learning a lot from him.

Harold took us to Paradise Springs for our AOW. It was a very enjoyable place to dive. Harold and I rode together, and talked about a lot of things... he's full of information... you just have to ask.... He and I discussed many things, including what path I should take to become an instructor.

Oh, give him a hard time.... when you do your AOW and you get to the Search and Recovery section and he breaks out the rope to teach you knots, ask him if he practiced for your class. One particular knot gives him a hard time, and he admits it.

He's a great guy.

Back
Top Bottom