New Year's Day Dive 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think that the dance would be the best part!

Well, as long as I can video tape it. :)

Well...amazingly, after 4 months of battling forms, emails, and telephone calls I got my Dolphin dive scooters...I ordered them on August 4 for those who don't remember back that far, UPS promptly lost them and we began the battle of the insurance forms. I think I finally wore them down...I am looking at two blue dive scooters just waiting to be tried out...

I also now have my dual rig setup almost ready for installation on my almost ready doubles, I just need to put the bungee cord on the backup regulator. I ordered surgical tubing from the folks at Liesure pro thinking they would send a couple of feet...I got 10 inches. I may be a geek, but I ain't a pencil necked geek...

Now I just need my Kraken forge SS backplate (I have 20 feet of webbing, a buckle, 3 D-rings and a large D ring for the crotch strap.) and I am ready for the Oriskany...equipment wise...now I just need to get comfortable and competent with the new rig.

I guess this Sunday at Jocassee I will dive the aluminum backplate I have already with a single. Do you need one tank strap or two for a backplate? Should it be bolted in place?

Mike

Mike,
2 tank straps and they do not have to be bolted in place. Are you using a STA? If not then you will need something to hold the wing in place. Dive Rite "sex bolts" work like a charm. I got mine from Divers Supply in Marietta.

Showing my ignorance again, what is a STA? Can you just use bolts with washers to hold the wing on to the backplate?

Mike

Single Tank Adapter. Allows you to use a single tank with the same bolt arrangement you'd use for doubles. Some BP/W setups require them, as they don't have slots in the BP for tank straps or strap windows through the wing. Some BP/W setups that don't *require* an STA are more stable with one, and some people use weighted STAs for weight.

(You might already know all that, but I figured I may as well test myself. :D)

The backplate and wing have 4 holes that line up. If I just use stainless steel wingnuts and bolts with nice sized washers that should do the trick shouldn't it?

Mike

mikerault:
The backplate and wing have 4 holes that line up. If I just use stainless steel wingnuts and bolts with nice sized washers that should do the trick shouldn't it?

Mike

Should, but remember, your tank is actually going to rest against the bolts to some degree. I would try to get the flattest bolts I could find. It will do the trick.

Have fun on the dive tomorrow and please post a report.

I'll be there diving wet, atleast one dive.. :D No way in hell I'm missing the new years dive this year.
I need to get a new semi-dry before I head out there though.

Matt

Matt, glad to see you on the board. Get the new semi-dry and lets go dive.

Back
Top Bottom