Your Own VIP stickers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd:
BTW, I provide a copy of the inspection form when the cylinder is returned to the owner.

I did get a yellow carbon copy of the "Visual Cylinder Inspection Evaluation Form."

This was the one and only time I've ever recieved any kind of confirmation of the
inspection other than a sticker on the tank. What do you do with the other copy
jbd? Is it a cya that PSI has that other agencies don't bother with?

tstormwarning:
I wasn't questioning anyone's credentials & apologize if anyone took it that way. I was just more or less curious & concerned about the possible implictions of such a thing occurring. I personally have my instructor examine & repair my equipment, including my tanks. I have seen her credentials & trust her. I gladly pay the fees she charges to perform these services for my safety & the safety of anyone who must handle my equipment. I knew going into diving, that having my own equipment, I would have to keep up the maintenance on it & that it wouldn't be cheap (I believe firmly in the "you get what you pay for" saying). I am hoping in the future to eventually be able to get the proper training to help out my LDS with the equipment maintenance duties, but that's a way off & I have other things to get done first. Please don't take my questions as an insult, take it as someone who wants to learn & to do the right things to keep my gear in safe & tip top shape.

Tstorm,

No insult was taken as JBD indicated. i was just pointing out that many here have learned just because a shop is doing the work doesn't always mean it is being done right. You should (and it sounds like you have) check to make sure they are competent and have the proper certs as well. You can't assume just because they are a shop they do things properly. No offense taken or intended. :D

Chad

So when is the PSI cylinder inspection class? :D

crpntr133:
So when is the PSI cylinder inspection class? :D

I am thinking about TDI one that is only $150 compared to PSI's $250 with every three year renewal condition.

I am not sure if TDI sticker is honored in the same way as PSI one.

Is it really worth it after you buy the equipment??

You know, I have never seen a copy of a vis paper... I have had my tanks hydro'd and suposedly plus'd - nothing with those either. At the shop I'm part timing at, there is no training other than some basics for tank vis'ing.

crpntr133:
Is it really worth it after you buy the equipment??

IMHO, all or nothing....

Like others said, if there is no issue on the self vip stickers anywhere (mid west or any resort areas where we are supposed to be in future), it is still worth to have a vip certified because we don't need to bring all tanks and there is less hassle to dis/assemble the double all the time.

Otherwise, it is going to be no more than a continuous learning workshop.

Land Locked:
What do you do with the other copy
jbd? Is it a cya that PSI has that other agencies don't bother with?
I keep the original. I guess one could consider it a cya thing. To me its just a way to keep everything up front and transparent. Also by following the form purposefully one does not overlook or forget something.

CBulla:
You know, I have never seen a copy of a vis paper... I have had my tanks hydro'd and suposedly plus'd - nothing with those either. At the shop I'm part timing at, there is no training other than some basics for tank vis'ing.
I never had seen one either until I took the PSI course. Having spent 20 years working in a field where a paper trail/documentation was critical, I like having one, especially when there can be a question of liability. As I noted above following the form purposefully prevents oversights.

jbd:
I never had seen one either until I took the PSI course. Having spent 20 years working in a field where a paper trail/documentation was critical, I like having one, especially when there can be a question of liability. As I noted above following the form purposefully prevents oversights.

Good idea!!!. You know how to do the business. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom