Anyone recently dove St Thomas Diving Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mushymom

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice here. We were recently given some time at Bolongo Bay and I see that they use St Thomas Diving Club. Has anyone dove with them recently? Any pros or cons we should know about? How's the diving in and around St Thomas say March/April? Any info you all could provide us with is greatly appreciated. I haven't been to St. Thomas since '73 and at that time wasn't a diver. :D
Thanks!

I haven't been diving with St.Thomas Diving Club but I have been diving several times with Chris Sawyer out of Red Hook which is about 10 minutes from Bolongo Bay.

The Diving should be great when you go as it is most of the year.

Cheers!

Mushymom,

When are you going? My wife and I are going to be there the week of 25 Nov - 1 Dec. We've dove with Chris Sawyer for the last three years and they are easy to get along with, safe and professional.

Guy

Guy, we may not go until March or so.

I used to work for St Thomas Dive Club, it was a pretty cool deal. The dive boat leaves from right there at bolongo bay, so there's zero travel time from your room. There's some cool dives and they'll (at least when I worked there) even do charters over to the BVI's so you can dive the Rhone or even Alice's Wonderland (it ruled). If you're into treasure hunting there's a nearby site they can take you to where you can search for bottles and other bits and pieces from an old shipwreck.
The main plus for you will be the fact that the boat is about 100 feet from the hotel rooms and about 150 feet from the bar......

funny...I used to live at Bolongo. Dick Demang was the owner then....my job was sailing those boats and hiding booze for the scuba hunt...I was 20

he he.

Do let us know what it is like these days. There is a wonderful shallow wreck, the Cartanser Sr... off an island very close there...

That's a lomg way from the bar - bummer!

lazyturtle:
I used to work for St Thomas Dive Club, it was a pretty cool deal. The dive boat leaves from right there at bolongo bay, so there's zero travel time from your room. There's some cool dives and they'll (at least when I worked there) even do charters over to the BVI's so you can dive the Rhone or even Alice's Wonderland (it ruled). If you're into treasure hunting there's a nearby site they can take you to where you can search for bottles and other bits and pieces from an old shipwreck.
The main plus for you will be the fact that the boat is about 100 feet from the hotel rooms and about 150 feet from the bar......

Back
Top Bottom